Tablet-PC (Pen-enabled / Wacom)-Support for Virtual ANS?

Software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer
Bob Humid

Tablet-PC (Pen-enabled / Wacom)-Support for Virtual ANS?

Post by Bob Humid »

Cheers Alexander!

I am a big fan of your fantastic program phalanx. Recently I started to work with Virtual ANS on my Thinkpad X201t. This computer is a tablet-PC, it has a Wacom-driver-enabled pen with a "rubber"-end (erases writing or lines in illustration programs).

It's HUGE fun to draw with a tablet-PC on your Virtual ANS, but it would be much more efficent and powerful to be able to use pen-sensitivy and also the eraser at the end of the pen to delete unwanted graphics... I have no clue how difficult it is to enable such functionaliy but I would even be ready to pay a bit for such a software-functionality...

Here's the official Microsoft-support website for Tablet-PCs:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

Have a great 2016! /.-)

Robert
DigitalNematode

Re: Tablet-PC (Pen-enabled / Wacom)-Support for Virtual ANS?

Post by DigitalNematode »

Hello. I can't speak for Alex.... But being as busy as he is, I really can't see him implementing this in any reasonable time frame, if ever. On my Tachi I've found that I can have a "workable" experience by emulating mouse control with the pen. But that's on sunvox. Another option would be to install bluestacks and then install the android version. Using your finger works okay too. Linux seems to be a bit more usable in regards to this. Sunvox runs like a champ on linux. Accuracy isn't very good but its usable. Using your finger on PC is annoying because it registers as a right click after several moments. Full screen via blustacks seems to mitigate this. Would recommend downloading the rooted version. Run it sandboxed if you can, or just block it and all of its dependencies via a non windows firewall. You don't have to, I'm the paranoid type. If I come up with something, my own solution etc. I'll post it here if/when you reply to this. Yes Wacom functionality would be a dream. The full Wacom services on the note series Samsung phones is amazing with sunvox.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Touch sensitivity is not implemented yet. But i hope to implement it in future updates because it may be really useful in some cases.
DigitalNematode

Post by DigitalNematode »

8) Amazing! How do you find the time. I'll shut my mouth. ;) ty!
Bob Humid

Post by Bob Humid »

Woooh. Thanx DigitalNematode! And thank express to you, Alex! I'm impressed as well... Probably you developed a time-freezing-machine in order to have time to program all this :)