Random Lock

jbw

Random Lock

Post by jbw »

For randomizing the module controllers, how about a “Random Lock” button?

For when you use “Randomize All” the controller with the lock button “On” would stay the same and not be randomized.

Good for keeping amp envelopes the same, for example (like if you wanted a pad sound, etc.).

Keres

Re: Random Lock

Post by Keres »

the best way to do this is with a specific pattern. using the 23xxyy commands you can get specific ranges of randomization and lock other parameters with hard coded values.
jbw

Post by jbw »

Keres wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:54 am the best way to do this is with a specific pattern. using the 23xxyy commands you can get specific ranges of randomization and lock other parameters with hard coded values.
This idea is for patch creation, and with the FMX it would be ridiculous to try to set it up in a pattern using commands, because there are way too many parameters.
Keres

Post by Keres »

i think i actually did this with the FMX and submitted a pile of patches generated by my random FMX calc. personally... i concentrate on the Spectravoice, which is the original FMX to be honest.

thing is, people still don't realize the genius of this programming. Alexander Zolotov has condensed all of 100 years of music technology into a fully functional real-time music recording app that downloads in less than 5mb. It should be understood by anyone with any sense that some concessions had to made.