Ergonomic scrolling on touch screens

unlessgames

Ergonomic scrolling on touch screens

Post by unlessgames »

I often find myself having to readjust to the column I am editing after scrolling the pattern by dragging up or down. Since my finger traces an arc on the screen instead of a straight line (holding the phone landscape mode and scrolling with a thumb for example), it inevitably adds a small offset on the X axis (enough to change from a note column to octaves or such)

In some touch screen applications once you scroll enough vertically it locks your horizontal position and prevents you from going left or right until you lift your finger and initiate another scroll. It would be really nice to have something like this in SunVox.

Maybe having a configurable button in the new toolbar system to restrict to "horizontal xor vertical" scrolling could work?

Although there are cases when diagonal scrolling can speed up the workflow, in my experience these are much more rare than the cases where I have to fix an accidental shift of column position.

Additionally, support for natural (inverted) scrolling would be greatly appreciated as the muscle memory learned from most other touch screen apps is a bit finicky to reverse for SunVox but I understand this might not work for some reason here.