Sunvox portable (windows, maybe other platforms ?)

geoslake

Sunvox portable (windows, maybe other platforms ?)

Post by geoslake »

Hey,

Thanks for this amazing software. On windows I want all of my apps to be portable, storing their settings and all of their files in their own folders.
So is it possible to achieve this in sunvox, as an option maybe, instead of using the appdata folder, which is not clean and makes backups and moving pc painful ?
Right now i have the sunvox_config.ini in the Sunvox folder and that works, but other files are still stored in appdata

Thanks !!
Logickin λ

Re: Sunvox portable (windows, maybe other platforms ?)

Post by Logickin λ »

SunVox is very portable for most of the platforms, except for android and ios. You don’t really need to locate your files into appdata, and you can store the whole sunvox folder, downloaded from this website, into a USB stick, and run SunVox everywhere by inserting your USB stick and picking the right os version.

Edit: you can change the file path when saving a project or a module, so you can save those files where you wanted.
geoslake

Post by geoslake »

Hi and thanks for replying!
Mmmm ok but I have a ton of files (.sunvox_song_I etc etc) in my appdata folder, am I doing something wrong then ?
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

geoslake wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:04 pm Hi and thanks for replying!
Mmmm ok but I have a ton of files (.sunvox_song_I etc etc) in my appdata folder, am I doing something wrong then ?
Interesting question... As I never notice those files until now, while I have moved my SunVox folder across four devices without these files, and I don't seems to have problems after the migration. Not entirely sure, but by looking at the name of the files, they look like access histories located at left side of the the save/load windows. I may need others to confirm that and the solution to these files.
geoslake

Post by geoslake »

Yeah I get that those are not essential files, but it would be nice to be able to store all of those into the sunvox folder immo
geoslake

Post by geoslake »

Any news on that front ? Tons of .sunvox_blablabla in appdata, see attached pic

Thanks !!
Attachments
sunvox.files.appdata.jpg
sunvox.files.appdata.jpg (40.71 KiB) Viewed 1308 times