feedback module improvements

AutumnCheney

feedback module improvements

Post by AutumnCheney »

here are a few things that i think could be added to the feedback module to make it more powerful than it already is:

there should be the option to make the delay 0 ms. for backwards compatibility, perhaps you could build in a delay into the feedback module and make it 20ms by default? but being able to make it 0 would allow the possibility of constructing things like complex filters from delay modules

another thing is that it should be able to feedback notes and other events along with audio. this could allow for stuff like markov chains built from multisynths

the possibilities would be endless if only these were added!!!

please? and thank you
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
Logickin λ

Re: feedback module improvements

Post by Logickin λ »

I guess there are some performance concern why feedback doesn’t have much shorter delay, considering the number of platforms supported for SunVox, but that would be great if the feedback has a changeable delay which the delay time can be ticks or lines, so we can create a precise delay modules with stackable effects which it is still higher than 20ms.

Otherwise that would be my dream if there is no delay in feedback, meaning that all the logic stuff in SunVox will not have the 50 Hz limit.
Kid_lofi

Post by Kid_lofi »

wow, the idea of feedback-processing notes and parameters instead of audio is awesome, but i think it has potential for so much that it should totally be its own module rather than an additional feature of the audio feedback module
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

bump

notam radium can do this, and it's open source, so you could gleam some implementation details for this feature from that
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!