SunVox as a Clap Plugin, good idea or not?

Logickin λ

SunVox as a Clap Plugin, good idea or not?

Post by Logickin λ »

Recently bitwig and uhe announced a new plugin format, clap. https://www.bitwig.com/stories/clap-the ... ndard-201/

It sounds like a cool plugin format, because it can modulates the plugin polyphonically and offers an open source api written in c.

Besides Vst version, is it a good idea to adopt the new plugin format for sunvox as a plugin?
Last edited by Logickin λ on Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keres

Re: Clap version of SunVox?

Post by Keres »

i am afraid that this perfect program will become just another cartoon DAW. if i need cartoon plugins, then i just MIDI sunvox up to Carla, which will prolly gain this new plugin format.
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

clap seems nice, wish lv2 had taken off more but alas it was doomed to fail

cause y'know, foss devs will argue about the most minute things, lose sight of the big picture, and stall progress
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
Keres

Post by Keres »

well, i thought that sunvox was supposed to get pixilang support. so there would be some plugins for example scripted in that.

well this clap thing... how useful is polyphonic controllers? i mean, this is a gimmick right? the plugin has a way to sum 2 conflicting modulation controllers into one value... ok im sure you could do that with a few multictrls. are there summing rules? it is always add? could it be multiply or subtract from constant or something? is that plugin dependent for each parameter?

also... is Alexander the only one coding sunvox? cause like maybe one of his buddies already has a version that loads ladsp or something, and well... it still sounds like the same music they been makin for 20 years lol!

one thing is obvious about the world of digital audio at large: it has no idea that Sunvox even exists. Nobody is gonna code a clap program expecting to get a pile of sales and downloads from the people using Sunvox. so, then u should just make a script or something that takes a .sunsynth and makes it into a Clap plugin, and then u just add your own pics for the sliders.
Keres

Post by Keres »

oh, it's per voice... so it opens up a voice with only those modulation settings, no wonder it's only for modern CPU

hey Autumn, how is Tahlequah?