Alternate way to select controller properties

Hitachii

Alternate way to select controller properties

Post by Hitachii »

hello. i use mobile, and use the "write to pattern" to set default values in patterns in the controller properties menu, so that i can return to a default state after using a one-shot LFO. kind of like a preset.

it seems like the only way to access controller properties is by double tapping the controller itself, which sometimes throws off the value I'm trying to input. while I can correct the accidental input value, it's simply a lot more steps at that point, and I use it a lot.

can there be a button alongside the module buttons (? V B M S) that temporarily toggles manual controller input on and off? that way the values don't change when entering the controller properties. thank you!
Keres

Re: Alternate way to select controller properties

Post by Keres »

"hello. i use mobile"

i feel your pain brother. I have a Kyocera Hydro with Sunvox196 on it, just as a toy... for this very reason you describe above, i turned to a USB mouse as main input. You get loads of wrong numbers in the tracker sequencer command columns when you try to edit on a cheap box-store android phone. Some phones are better than others, my Honor was wonderful, till I smashed it. I'm 100% sure that when i replace the screen it will not work as well. Aftermarket screens are not all the same. a mouse will definitely help.

i think the idea to configure the sliders is good, but is there enough space? someone on here was asking why there isn't a preset option for each module... personally i would like to see an option in the double click properties that said "write all module values to new pattern"

if the controller property windows had some options to make the slider "sticky" or whatever, it should get a color change or something, like when MIDI is tied to it... it gets a little triangle. that way when you open a module you would know.
Hitachii

Re: Alternate way to select controller properties

Post by Hitachii »

Haha, hello! Those are all great ideas in my opinion. Presets would be optimal, or a preset module as someone here mentioned. In fact, if Multictrl could handle several controllers with one line that's basically it!

With respects to Night Radio's hard work and mountains of other requests, locking or sticky sliders would definitely suffice if that's easiest to implement. I have a Galaxy S10, I had considered that the hardware could be playing a role in the problem.