Fixed point sound engine on mobile versions of SunVox

FM6

Fixed point sound engine on mobile versions of SunVox

Post by FM6 »

Hello there!

Ever since I was studying this lil' modular music software, it's beyond my dreams! I also download this application on my Android which is considered as a donation. This is such a great DAW I've ever seen in my life.

I have one concern about it is the CPU usage which worries me a lot if I ever do a song with hundreds of modules. The only thing that affects the overhead a lot is when I try different 2 bit rate modes of SunVox on Windows, namely, SunVox Lo-Fi. It's a program that, instead of 32-bit audio, it's 16-bit which means it reduces the half of the CPU load according to the documentation in case of use of older devices. This choice currently works only on Windows and Linux platforms so, there are some people who can make music with SunVox only and only by a phone. I'd like to ask It's best if the fixed point option can include in iOS and Android versions as well in the next update (2.0)

Thank you for understanding! :)

FM6 (Mostly known as one of Deflemask guys)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Fixed point sound engine on mobile versions of SunVox

Post by NightRadio »

Ever since I was studying this lil' modular music software, it's beyond my dreams! I also download this application on my Android which is considered as a donation. This is such a great DAW I've ever seen in my life.
Thank you! :)

I'd like to ask It's best if the fixed point option can include in iOS and Android versions as well in the next update (2.0)
Unfortunately, this is not just an option, but a complete recompilation of the entire engine. So i can't make a button to enable / disable this mode on the fly.
Here we need the ability to switch between different versions of the native code within the same app, but I'm not sure if this is possible in Android :(