Any way to hear osc sound, like traditional modular.

Mendi64BM

Any way to hear osc sound, like traditional modular.

Post by Mendi64BM »

Hello everyone :)

I'm explain about the subject:

I would like to use sunvox like a traditional modular environment, if i load an osc (analogue generator, or simply generator) i want to hear directly the sound.
In this way i will be able to make drone (and connect to other module to complexify the sound) inside Sunvox, and not in other modular software (and load it after in sampler, but I still have to start the song if I want to hear a few things)

If is this possible, how can i do that, and if not, it's ok :)

Thanks !!
queries

Re: Any way to hear osc sound, like traditional modular.

Post by queries »

"Ctl2Note" is your friend here! :)

Create a Ctl2Note, then send it to whatever module(s) you want to have droning, then change controller "07. State" from "off" to "on".

Then you can change your pitch, etc how you like it on the Ctl2Note.

You didn't ask about it, but I think you'll like using "MultiSynth" too. If you send the same note to many MultiSynths, then send from MultiSynth to your oscillator/synth modules, that lets you do things like have a single root note from the Ctl2Note that is then transposed by one or more MultiSynths to e.g. make a chord or to detune some things.
Mendi64BM

Post by Mendi64BM »

Wooooooooooooo :) Fantastic ! Thank you so much!

I will experiment that on the next week ;) I'm really happy !

The Multisynth option it's working good, but not in "real time", i explain: I create a Ctl2note then go to two Multisynth, and each Multi go to two osc. The first Multi, it's Do2 or C2, and if i want to make a change on the second Multi to , for exemple at Mi3 or E3, i must restart the Ctl2note 7 parameter or any parameter in him after i change the Multisynth parameter.

I can modify in real time if, for exemple, i play with LFO and Sound2ctrl with the frequency parameter 9 in Analogue module instead :)

I just test with sampler module it is fully working with loop on!! Amazing !

Thanks again! It is sooooo cool!

Modif: PitchShifter do the job ;)
Mendi64BM

Post by Mendi64BM »

I can also play a sequence inside a Metamodule with this Ctl2Note module, like a generative patern, and if i make "play patterns" on, in meta, it's playing sequence in loop, it is very amazing! Endless possibilities a think!

Sunvox is more deeper than I thought, every time I "changed" (without ever stopping using it) because other software (Drambo or miRack) allowed me other possibilities, but I think I didn't need to do it hahaha.

It is fully modular system with power efficient (i play et make music in the go) and power inside (a very huge session no exceed 25% of cpu in my Ipad pro m1) like no others!

Thanks Nightradio for making this amazing piece of software !