Dedicated UI Module routing

skyking

Dedicated UI Module routing

Post by skyking »

Would love the ability to route module functions to visual encoders, faders, XY pads, buttons, etc for live use. I adore sunvox's versatility but this can come at a cost if using it as an instrument or FX unit, since parameters are all listed vertically, represented as horizontal sliders that often require scrolling or menu diving to access directly. It would be nice to be able to centralize features from all corners of a project into one spot so that synthesis, FX, MIDI CC or sample edit features could be changed instantly without having to navigate nested menus. :good:

The app TouchOSC does something like this. Resizeable template shapes can be placed anywhere on screen with color/label/size editing, and can be mapped to:
  • Control Change
  • Note
  • Program Change
  • Poly Pressure
  • Channel Pressure
  • Pitchbend
  • Start
  • Stop
  • Continue
  • System Exclusive

There's even a scripting section for each individual module. When I saw this, I immediately thought of SunVox and how this would be a great way to make the endless modularity more accessible. And users could share these too! You could control entire pieces of hardware through modules like Patch Base. A man can dream :ROFL:
queries

Re: Dedicated UI Module routing

Post by queries »

Why not use TouchOSC to control SunVox via MIDI?