Add extra button to 'find module' dialog box

a1matt

Add extra button to 'find module' dialog box

Post by a1matt »

I have impaired vision which makes it difficult to use the 'find module' functionality.

The module pulsing with bright light is very helpful, but I have trouble seeing it before it stops flashing.

Could a button be added (next to the close button, maybe call it 'find'), which when pressed makes the module pulse again.

Currently on mobile to repeat the flash you have to bring up the dialog to search for the module again and press OK. My eyes take so long to adjust to the pop up box dissapearing that I rarely see the flash.

With a dedicated button, I can have my eyes focussed on the modules ready to catch the flash.

It will still take me time to find it, but it's workable.

Or

Instead of a button, a longer flash time would be even better, but I'd need minimum 5sec, which I am guessing would be too obtrusive for other users.

Or

Maybe an option in the preferences to choose how long the flash lasts.

(I have the same issue with finding the mouse cursor on a PC monitor. Sunvox on a touch screen is miraculous for me - most of the time I can forget my impairment and just enjoy making music. Thank you :Bravo: )
a1matt

Re: Add extra button to 'find module' dialog box

Post by a1matt »

I just realised I can workaround this.

If I tap on a row in the pattern editor, the corresponding module flashes. Fantastic.

Having a user preference for it to flash for longer would still be nice, but very much a luxury as it is totally workable as is.