My Feature Requests

fuzion_mixer

My Feature Requests

Post by fuzion_mixer »

Analog Generator "Extend Filter Freq to 22000Hz" option
Currently I'm struggling to filter my (noisy) leads in seamlessly to "Filter Off", in that it switches off the filter completely and deactivates the filter envelope. This can go under the drop-down menu.

Individual pan value for each Analog Generator voice
This is a good addition as it will enable the notes to spread within the stereo field. Also incentivises (and make a clearer distinction for) HQ/LQ mode.

Adjustable velocity and filter curve
Kind of like the Q parameter (Filter/Filter Pro)

Sampler "Convert to 32/24/16/8-Bit" options
This especially helps when the recorded sample (i.e. through Input module) is too large / in the wrong bitrate. They can go under the "Misc" section of the drop-down menu.

Resizeable Spectrum Analyser
So that we can see specific frequencies better when mixing / mastering.
iaon

Re: My Feature Requests

Post by iaon »

fuzion_mixer wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:18 pm Individual pan value for each Analog Generator voice
This is a good addition as it will enable the notes to spread within the stereo field. Also incentivises (and make a clearer distinction for) HQ/LQ mode.
Panning is already a 'local controller' for the Analog Generator.
Attachments
PanLocalDemo.sunvox
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
fuzion_mixer

Post by fuzion_mixer »

Oh yeah, sorry. I think it's because I've gotten used to the "Sampler > Sound2Ctl > A. Gen pan controller" way to randomise panning that I completely dismissed using the pattern to control it.

In that case, I'll instead request for a "Random Panning" controller for MultiSynth so that it randomises a pan position for each individual voice for all A. Gens it's controlling. It will save a lot of time for people who uses MultiSynths to control 3 or more A. Gens at once.
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

fuzion_mixer wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:18 pm Resizeable Spectrum Analyser
So that we can see specific frequencies better when mixing / mastering.
Isn't the spectrum analyzer already resizable? :) What do you mean exactly?
fuzion_mixer

Post by fuzion_mixer »

philipbergwerf wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:52 pm Isn't the spectrum analyzer already resizable? What do you mean exactly?
A horizontal zoom and a scrollbar to focus on a specific part of the spectrum (e.g 400Hz - 2kHz). The spectrum can be shown clearer when zoomed in (more defined curve to differentiate pitches x semitones apart depending on the level of zoom, label frequencies at every half of the grid, etc).
fuzion_mixer

Post by fuzion_mixer »

I don't want to bombard the forum with another thread, so I'll just post another list of feature requests here.

"Isolate" controller for Distortion module
When multiple synths are connected to the module, all synths will be affected, but only one synth will be audible.
e.g. Kick and saw wave inputs to Distortion module, both signals are combined and distorted but isolate saw wave output.

"Chain" function for Timeline
Patterns can be chosen to chain together (back to back on a single line) so that the number of channels used can be kept constant AND sustained notes or samples can continue playing between patterns until Note-off is specified / end of pattern chain.

All MOD/XM imports will then have all patterns chained.

Saw/square vibrato type for Vibrato module
Fasttracker II has this (E4x). For the saw vibrato, I suggest having 2 types (ramp down & ramp up). This will make for interesting results as well.

"Envelope Position" effect in Pattern Editor
Fasttracker II has this too (Lxx). This will greatly help those who rely on good old envelopes to manipulate the volume, pan, pitch, etc.
e.g. A strings sample with a slow attack but fast decay envelope. By changing the envelope position to the peak of the attack, it will instead sound like staccato strings.

Changeable vowel order for Vocal Filter module
Instead of only offering AEIOU vowel order, we can have a controller that offers other vowel orders such as AIEOU, AOUEI and AUIEO. The way it is currently, there is no way to reproduce A > I, A > O and U > I.