05 command

Keres

05 command

Post by Keres »

effect command 05?

what would it even do? i don't know. tremolo? maybe it could be re-trigger with volume ramp down like in Impulse Tracker. xx=tics, yy=ramp down speed. maybe you can already do that...

what about random note delay in %?

just think it is always cool when Sunvox gets new commands. at first the commands are a little intimidating, like the 38 command and stuff, but when you play with them they are just loads of fun.
Keres

Re: 05 command

Post by Keres »

ok so... from the manual: 40…5F - delay an event for selected fraction of the line (from 40 (0%) to 5F (96.875%));

but how to randomize that? right now you must use the delay as an effect with it's own command line to delay a multisynth. so... shortcut make 05 EE command mean randomize note delay from 0%-100%.

then make 06 (EE) command = choose better note than i normally would.

thank Alex, you rule!
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

actually, 1.9.5 added the ability to delay note commands with the delay module, so you can easily randomize note delay times without using tracker commands. i linked a module that does this to this post; it works by using the "random pitch" controller and a pitch2ctl to randomly change the "delay" parameter on a delay module.
Attachments
AutumnC Note Delay.sunsynth
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
Keres

Post by Keres »

It doesn't have to be random note delay in % of line, it should be up to the master at work to determine what effect is needed. My point is that all of the new tracker commands that he has recently added have all been really productive.