MIDI in "never" option, and ability to set that as the default

queries

MIDI in "never" option, and ability to set that as the default

Post by queries »

This proposal is to allow a third state for module MIDI IN settings, which would be "never". This would correspond to a global preference for new modules to be set with the MID IN "never" setting by default.

The default MIDI IN settings for modules is relatively promiscuous ("when selected, on any channel").

This slows down the process of live jamming with MIDI controllers or sequencers, while at the same time manipulating the module environment in SunVox.

To do so, one has to be careful that with any new module that processes notes, you always set MIDI IN to an unused MIDI channel or a specific MIDI channel. Otherwise, any time it's selected it will be spammed with all the incoming notes on all channels.
Keres

Re: MIDI in "never" option, and ability to set that as the default

Post by Keres »

YES.

I second this since you can create MIDI feedback loops when using one copy of sunvox to control another. you have to manually change channels to avoid accidentally selecting the wrong module and then it starts writing notes all over your nice pattern. if you could just select a module and turn off MIDI, that would be great.
Jocphone

Re: MIDI in "never" option, and ability to set that as the default

Post by Jocphone »

Can i add my +1 to this request?

On iOS I often set a sequence running in another app and then want to tweak my SunVox instrument to suit the sequence. But it plays as a completely different sounds depending on which module is selected in order to change parameters. Default of ‘never’ would be great.