An edit mode where all pressed keys form a chord

sk0

An edit mode where all pressed keys form a chord

Post by sk0 »

I hope there will be a way to insert a chord more easily than to record a pattern and to input notes directly.
I feel recording is a bit exaggerated way for that purpose, and most of PC keyboards don't accept some of chords (such as R+Y+O+P in my keyboard) when the keys are pressed at the same time.
Therefore, an edit mode where all pressed keys form a chord will be much helpful.

Example:
  • press [Space] to enter edit mode
  • press A (or any key with no function)
  • then you can press any other keys to make a chord (no need to press them at the same time)
  • press A again
  • finally the chord is written to the pattern (i think it is more preferable if notes of the chord get sorted in ascending order).
Last edited by sk0 on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sk0

Re: An edit mode where all pressed keys will form a chord

Post by sk0 »

Revised since the previous version seems not understandable.
AutumnCheney

Re: An edit mode where all pressed keys form a chord

Post by AutumnCheney »

You can just use the MultiSynth to play multiple notes simultaneously, with each note being transposed to form a unique chord. Although you can't write all of the individual notes in the chord to the pattern, you can simply write the "root" note (or whatever note is being duplicated and transposed) to the pattern and let the modules create the chord.

I actually created a module that does this automatically. There are settings for enabling thirds, fifths, and sevenths, as well as inversions. You can modify the type of chord using the "Input module" controller; the chord type will be shown in the input module info. The module should be attached to this post.
Attachments
AutumnC Harmoniser.zip
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

If you mean a "horizontal step" analogous to the vertical "edit step" already in SunVox, then I will agree that this should be in SunVox.
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
sk0

Post by sk0 »

> Harmoniser
There are more various and complex chords in some of my ongoing projects, so it seems difficult to apply this method. Still technically interesting module :)

> "horizonal step"
This is another way of implementing what I want, and is probably useful when you want a bunch of tracks to be stopped at the same time; it would be much easier to insert ▭s in all of them.
I prefer my proposal a bit because I would like chords sorted, though. Or "horizonal step" + sorting selected notes would be nice?