Alternative Mode for Pitch Shifter

SolarLune

Alternative Mode for Pitch Shifter

Post by SolarLune »

Hello!

It'd be nice if there was an alternative mode for the pitch shifter that worked by modulating the note being passed into the module itself (if possible), rather than the sound that comes through the module; that way it'd be possible to maintain quality which shifting the pitch, which suffers when using the pitch shifter module currently.

Use case: I have a midi keyboard with a pitch wheel (like many of them), and there's not really any easy way to make it work as though I were inputting a 0002 or 0001 event to slide a note up or down. I know those are commands for existing, specified notes, but pitch shifting using a control on a keyboard would be useful for performances and playing.

The only real way to do this that I can think of currently is to use a pitch shifter module, but that degrades the quality of the sound, even on synths.

Basically, I want to be able to use the pitch wheel on my keyboard to pitch a sound without having the quality degrade, if possible. The only solution I can think of is to make the pitch shifter module have an alternative mode that pitches the note, rather than the sound itself (if this is even possible to do).
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Alternative Mode for Pitch Shifter

Post by NightRadio »

It'd be nice if there was an alternative mode for the pitch shifter that worked by modulating the note being passed into the module itself
I think the Glide module is what you need :)
Just set its Response to 1000.
SolarLune

Re: Alternative Mode for Pitch Shifter

Post by SolarLune »

PERFECTION. Thank you very much, Night. Regards~!