sampler record/stop parameter

jamesway

sampler record/stop parameter

Post by jamesway »

Could then use soundtocntrl to trigger loop recording and sequence it. Could cause issues with rapid on off so it may need internal speed limiting. A sync to line option would allow it to function like ableton.
Could then make an awesome live looper!
vectrex

Re: sampler record/stop parameter

Post by vectrex »

a little bump for this.
being able to arbitrairy record start/stop and play it back immediately would be awesome for generative stuff. also overdub mode, with a sequenceable parameter for it (ie being able to switch overdub on or off). if playback and rec pointer interfere just output silence, or previous overdub layer.
edit: + ability to set 'looper' range in lines. so you could predefine the sample buffer length
Keres

Post by Keres »

You can already do this with the delay and the echo modules
vectrex

Post by vectrex »

Keres wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:33 am You can already do this with the delay and the echo modules
not the same thing, as you cannot use sample start/probability etc commands on a delay line
Keres

Post by Keres »

ok,from the 1.96 changelog:

* MetaModule, MultiSynth, Sound2Ctl, Sampler, Analog Generator: options can be accessed in the same way as controllers (see the exact numbers in the options list);

that means you can dynamically record using the sampler and then i would guess erase and re-record something. so, then you could just offset it and stuff? what u are asking for i'm sure is already possible, its just that you and I haven't figured out how to script it in sunvox yet.

what i guess you are asking for is just a module for memory allocation with an adjustable size/playback rate and then several other playback options... but like i said before between the sampler and the echo i'm more than 100% sure u could make it happen.
Keres

Post by Keres »

actually, the sampler parameters to record and stop don't work inside a metamodule ;( just tested. reguardless, there are still ways. check this example out, just using an echo to loop and make fills. fairly straightforward.
Attachments
Keres_EXP.sunvox
(30.81 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
vectrex

Post by vectrex »

thanks for the example. its somewhat in the direction but i think i want a bit more control.

i would like to be able to have it working like an Elektron Octatrack, realtime recording loopers where you can program recording start/stop + random sample start/reverse/probability of said buffers/loopers + an overdub switch. also the possibility to chain 2-3 of these + changing playback rate etc etc.

i know probably there is a way to get this somewhat working the elaborate way with delays (like your example) but it seems a bit cumbersome + i still doubt that you can recreate all controls i would like.
Keres wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:28 am ok,from the 1.96 changelog:

* MetaModule, MultiSynth, Sound2Ctl, Sampler, Analog Generator: options can be accessed in the same way as controllers (see the exact numbers in the options list);

that means you can dynamically record using the sampler and then i would guess erase and re-record something. so, then you could just offset it and stuff? what u are asking for i'm sure is already possible, its just that you and I haven't figured out how to script it in sunvox yet.

what i guess you are asking for is just a module for memory allocation with an adjustable size/playback rate and then several other playback options... but like i said before between the sampler and the echo i'm more than 100% sure u could make it happen.