One Step To The Right

monoben

One Step To The Right

Post by monoben »

In the pattern editor one can choose how many lines to drop down after entering a value and this is great! I would however really like to also have the option to automatically move one step to the right, and perhaps also another option to jump to the next column.
AJHunter

Re: One Step To The Right

Post by AJHunter »

I'd also appreciate the ability to have it jump over a track. This would make entering chords considerably less tedious.
queries

Post by queries »

There are Tab and Shift+Tab keyboard shortcuts that will move you between tracks. Would that help with your chord entry?

For example, combined with setting the edit step to zero, you can enter a 3-note chord using <note> <TAB> <note> <TAB> <note>, then <SHIFT-TAB> twice to get back to the first track.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

queries wrote:There are Tab and Shift+Tab keyboard shortcuts that will move you between tracks. Would that help with your chord entry
Those keyboard shortcuts aren't available to mobile users without an external keyboard. The left and right arrows on the virtual d-pad in pattern edit mode are the closest thing you get. They only move one step in either direction.

There are no "move to next track" left and right arrows to follow them up with. The work around (atleast for me,) has been to use the selection tool to quickly move the cursor to the track or exact position need.