"Sync" Module

The Handle

"Sync" Module

Post by The Handle »

The idea behind this module is that it synchronizes the values of controllers, making metamodules much easier to use (fewer controllers to change) when using multiple filters, LFOs, etc. that need to be changed at the same time. You'd bring the module into sunvox, hook it up to a few modules, select the controllers to be affected, then change the "value" controller in the sync module and watch as they all change at the same time. There could even be several modes for it: set, add, and subtract (divide and multiply might cause issues due to the use of integers in the controllers).

"Set" would do just that: set the value of the controllers to the same value as the sync module. "Add" and "subtract" would change the values of the affected controllers depending on the changes made to the sync module's value (if I want the frequencies of three filters to increase/decrease, but I don't want them to set to the same value, I'd use "add" or "subtract"). These modes could even be used together. For example: If I want the frequencies of several filters to increase (but not start at the same value), I can use a sync module with the "add" mode to increase them, then use another with the "set" mode to reset them.

The affected controllers can be selected the same way the input for the sidechain compressor is selected, and there can even be an option (like the metamodule's option to add controllers) to add more inputs.

I've had this idea for a while and have been refining it since. It was gilzad's post regarding my equalizer that convinced me this module was definitely needed.