Feature suggestion: attack and decay expressed in ticks

El Nino

Feature suggestion: attack and decay expressed in ticks

Post by El Nino »

Hello, I always use pattern commands to change attack and decay settings during a song and was thinking it would be useful to have Attack,Decay and Release expressed in ticks instead of arbitrary values so that, for example, you could set attack to exactly 6 ticks, decay to exactly 24 ticks etc. (with pattern commands) Does anyone think that would be useful? Personally I think it would be super awesomoe!
bournio

Re: Feature suggestion: attack and decay expressed in ticks

Post by bournio »

Im not sure id use it, I can understand wanting it, but, surely you can do it wth standard Effects and Volume control(although the latter may not work with awkward attack times, or slopes.
Darkhog

Post by Darkhog »

I think it'd be nice option to have. This way you could try out different tempos for your song without having to change timing and see whether you like it more at 100 or 90bpm. Also, timestretch effects.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

I agree with Dark and El Nino. Having attack, decay, and release expressed in ticks would be nice to have as an option.
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

Its good to know that you guys think it would be useful as well. Like you said, you could change the tempo and have all the attack and decay shrink or lengthen accordingly. You wouldnt have to use volume fade in/out commands as much and could just have each note with two columns next to it used for attack and decay to get tempo accurate 'rhythmic pulsing' or notes fading i and reaching their peak and ending exactly where you want without too much trial and error, then if you want to change hte tempo everything would still be in place. hope that makes sense.