FM With All of the Waveforms of Generator

hseiken

FM With All of the Waveforms of Generator

Post by hseiken »

I don't make many requests, but FM gets way more expressive and varying when more than sine wavs are used for modulator and carrier. It seems this would be rather simple to implement and the gains of sonic textures nearly infinite.

Please consider it, thank you.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
Koekepan

Re: FM With All of the Waveforms of Generator

Post by Koekepan »

You can already do this.

Check out the Freq. modulation by input option on Generatory.

Of course, you can do cool things like automate that using LFO or other generators to create envelopes and so on.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

It's not polyphonic. That way. Is there a way to cycle 'voice' for each midi send to a machine so that polyphonic would be 'automated' and not send two voices into one modulation input?
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Yeah, I know.

I already requested a round-robin or other multiplexing module for note signals. This would let you create metamodules containing whatever monophonic unit you like, set up eight of them (or whatever) and then play it like a polysynth.
queries

Post by queries »

Another aspect of doing a manual FM setup, that I think SawZer pointed out to me in the past, is that with FM, the amplitude of the modulator signal generally needs to be louder with lower-pitched notes, and softer for higher-pitched notes. Otherwise, you get either less-interesting bass notes, or really shrill-sounding high notes.

It would definitely be a win to have "modulator waveform" and "carrier waveform" controllers in the built-in Fm module. :)
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

round-robin and multiplexing in sunvox... Hmmm... I think I can make an attempt.