Possible to use microphone with SunVox Lib in browser?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
GENNA

Possible to use microphone with SunVox Lib in browser?

Post by GENNA »

Good evening,

I apologize if this has been discussed previously, but has anyone had success accessing the microphone when using SunVox JavaScript player? I created a simple test patch with the Input routed to Reverb and then Output, with a couple of notes in the tracker so the file will "play"; however, I get no sound whatsoever when using the JavaScript player. The file appears to load just fine.

I feel like I'm missing something quite obvious or simple, but I just can't seem to find what it is. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

John
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Possible to use microphone with SunVox Lib in browser?

Post by NightRadio »

Unfortunately, the microphone is not natively supported by the SunVox library. Although you can try to support it manually using the sv_audio_callback2() But for this you have to create a wrapper for the library, which will open the audio stream and receive/send samples to the audio device.
GENNA

Post by GENNA »

Thank you so much for that information. I'll see what progress I can make and post an update if I'm successful.

Thanks!!!
GENNA

Post by GENNA »

OK, so to be perfectly honest I'm probably being a little too ambitious here. I've managed to get the browser to access the microphone, but I'm lost on the wrapping of the sunvox library. Please know that I'm not asking anyone to hand me the code, but if anyone knows a good resource where I could learn a little more about this I would be grateful. If not, no worries.

Thank you!