SolarLune's 16 key beatslicer, modded with timestretch!

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Hitachii

SolarLune's 16 key beatslicer, modded with timestretch!

Post by Hitachii »

Hi everyone,

I really like SolarLune's 16-key beat slicer, and figured out a way to incorporate timestretch into the MetaModule. It sounds great and it only adds one more slider controller!

SolarLune's pack containing the beat slicer includes a donation so I figured that I wouldn't hand out the MetaModule out of respects to him, but I'll tell you what I did if you already have it, or if this persuades you to go and get it (You should get it anyway!).

Here's the link to the forum post with it just in case: https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3707

This is what you need to add inside the 16 Beatslicer MetaModule:
- 3 MultiCtrl
- 1 MultiSynth

That's it! Now time for the nitty gritty.

For the three MultiCtrls, two of them are controlled by one module. It would be only one MultiCtrl but I believe the module can only handle 16 controllers at a time.

So create one MultiCtrl and connect its outputs to each of the 16 MultiSynths located directly below the Sampler module (remember #1 directly to the left of the Sampler). Now, set each of the 16 control's minimum value to 0, and maximum value to 256. Then set each ouptut controller to controller 1 (transpose).

Now for the second MultiCtrl, connect it to module 04 "In". Now create the MultiSynth and connect this MultiCtrl, and the "In" module also to it. Your MultiCtrl outputs should now be set to minimum 256, maximum 0. Set the controllers of both the "In" and MultiSynth outputs to 1 (transpose).

For the MultiSynth, go to options and turn on "Use static note C5". Then connect the MultiSynth to the pitch shifter module.

Finally, with the third MultiCtrl, connect its output to the two other MultiCtrls. To keep the timestretch in a sensible range, I made the minimum value 12288 and the maximum value 20480 for both output controllers. Now set both of the controllers to 1 (value).

The "value" slider of this MultiCtrl is the *timestretch slider* and will be the one that we will add to the controllers of the MetaModule, so that we can use it in the main project. To do this, hit "Back" to exit the MetaModule editor. Then click "controller" and navigate to your main MultiCtrl (make sure it's the right one) and add the 'value' slider.

And voila! The timestretch slider can now be used in conjunction with the slices! This creates interesting results when you stretch the sample reeeeeaaallll sllloooowww and set the grain size to different values. This is also fun to play around with feedback, naturally. :D

I think that's everything. If someone tries this and something's not working, let me know and I'll go back and double check. If you do get it working, enjoy! I love Sunvox!
Hitachii

Re: SolarLune's 16 key beatslicer, modded with timestretch!

Post by Hitachii »

Here's an image of the configuration posted on Imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/fkTy6T3