MIDI issue. MIDI device not able to play notes.

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Tape_Damage

MIDI issue. MIDI device not able to play notes.

Post by Tape_Damage »

I am new to music creation as a whole as I have only been messing with this program for about a week so I would not be surprise to find out this was an operator error, AKA my fault somehow. I have a MIDI device and I managed to get the program to recognize it and even got pretty much all shortcuts short of musical keys to function and I dont know why. I been looking all over the web for an answer and didnt want to have to ask but I just couldn't find a solution.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: MIDI issue. MIDI device not able to play notes.

Post by NightRadio »

Please try to set the Channel to ANY in the Preferences -> MIDI
Tape_Damage

Post by Tape_Damage »

NightRadio wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:31 am Please try to set the Channel to ANY in the Preferences -> MIDI
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work as everything was already set to any :( .
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

When you press some MIDI button, do you see the blinking little green box in the top left corner of the module view?
Tape_Damage

Post by Tape_Damage »

NightRadio wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:15 pm When you press some MIDI button, do you see the blinking little green box in the top left corner of the module view?
yes I do, everything seems to be working properly. I even got the nonmusical shortcuts to function with the controller, such as pause, record, play shortcuts.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Please also check the module properties -> MIDI IN. It must be "when selected" or "always"
If it still doesn't work, send me the project file.
Tape_Damage

Post by Tape_Damage »

NightRadio wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:06 pm Please also check the module properties -> MIDI IN. It must be "when selected" or "always"
If it still doesn't work, send me the project file.
and it somehow got worse, I am using the basic template and have not messed with the smallest thing short of messing with the preferences window to get midi to work. First time in any module properties MIDI in was set to, "When selected." I went to exit the window and as I did my mouse slipped and clicked something right before hitting the x now the KEY 1 module will not shut up as it continues to blast a steady stream of noise. Also my midi controller is no longer being picked up. I did not save over the default template whatsoever so i decided to restart with the basic template but it only loads with the KEY 1 node making the same noise and my MIDI controller no longer functional whatsoever in any file. I am thinking of just uninstalling and reinstalling the program if whatever happened seemed to be a permanent thing.