SunVox 2.0 BETA

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
iaon

Re: SunVox 2.0 BETA

Post by iaon »

Maybe Supertracks could be on by default in a new project, or an option for this in the Timeline Preferences.
iaon

Post by iaon »

I have a Multisynth going into a Delay and both into a Generator.
I select the Multisynth and Delay modules and Make MetaModule.
Inside the MM, I would expect both to be connected to the Output.
But only the first created module is connected to the Output.
samu

Post by samu »

Hi!

I do feel there's a bug in the Analog Generator when using the 'sub' mode...
...some notes do not produce any sound when sub mode is used and Osc2 tuning use set to +1
(Using a SAW wave and sub and detune is a quick way to create PWM sweeps).

Starting from C0 following notes do not produce any output.
C#0,E0,F#0,G0,A0,B0,C1,C#1,E1,F1,F#1,G#1,A1,B1.
(All other notes work, there's also some deviation when using +2 tuning).

To increase the flexibility of the Analog Generator an option to control the start-phase of oscillator 2 would be nice?
This would allow use to for example set the 'start pulse width' when using sub mode for PWM sweeps.

Other nice additions that would save time would be to set the 'sustain level' for the Analog Generators filter envelope?

This is my first post here but I've been using SunVox on both my Mac and iPad 6 iPhone for quite some time.

Cheers!
/Samuel
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

iaon wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:49 pm Maybe Supertracks could be on by default in a new project, or an option for this in the Timeline Preferences.
I will think about it :)
Now you can set the sunvox template with supertracks in the Prefernces -> Main -> Set starting template
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

iaon wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:27 pm I have a Multisynth going into a Delay and both into a Generator.
I select the Multisynth and Delay modules and Make MetaModule.
Inside the MM, I would expect both to be connected to the Output.
But only the first created module is connected to the Output.
Will be fixed. Thanks!
bharris22

Post by bharris22 »

I know this has been asked several times over the years, but can't find the latest response - is it possible that VST support (meaning the ability to load Sunvox as a VST in other DAWs, not loading VSTs within Sunvox) will be added to 2.0 (or in the near future)?

I have another feature request - this one is hopefully easy to implement. You may be aware of a relatively new program for microtuning support called MTS-ESP. It is developed by a company called ODDSound (https://www.oddsound.com/index.php). This program runs as a single master that allows you to select any one of thousands of different tuning scales (all of the standard .scl and .tun files are supported). Any client program that contains (what I understand to be) a very few lines of simple code will be seen automatically by the master, allowing multiple instruments and plugins to be tuned together automatically, and changed on the fly - no connection or other midi routing is necessary. The MTS-ESP Mini VST plugin is a free version of the master, and when run in a VST host DAW should connect automatically to enabled client devices running in freestanding audio software (I just tried this by running MTS-ESP mini in Renoise, and was able to change tunings on the fly in u-He synths running separately in Bidule).

Is it possible to implement MTS-ESP client capability in Sunvox? Information for developers can be found here: https://www.oddsound.com/devs.php. If Sunvox had this implemented natively (again, it appears to be relatively simple to do for those who know programming), then users could easily change tunings within Sunvox for multiple devices, at once, on the fly, and could also have Sunvox run in tune with other synths that may be running separately in a different DAW.

Thank you in advance for considering this suggestion! This program is absolutely amazing and inspiring, and adding MTS-ESP capability would be incredible.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

samu wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:10 pm I do feel there's a bug in the Analog Generator when using the 'sub' mode...
...some notes do not produce any sound when sub mode is used and Osc2 tuning use set to +1
(Using a SAW wave and sub and detune is a quick way to create PWM sweeps).
This is due to the inaccuracy of calculating the frequency in the SunVox algorithms :)
Unfortunately, I can't just change this since this will lead to incorrect playback of old songs.
But I will try to come up with some solution.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

bharris22 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:44 pm I know this has been asked several times over the years, but can't find the latest response - is it possible that VST support (meaning the ability to load Sunvox as a VST in other DAWs, not loading VSTs within Sunvox) will be added to 2.0 (or in the near future)?
Definitely not in 2.0 :( But in the near future - yes!

I have another feature request - this one is hopefully easy to implement. You may be aware of a relatively new program for microtuning support called MTS-ESP. It is developed by a company called ODDSound (https://www.oddsound.com/index.php).
I will check it. Thank you for the link!
bharris22

Post by bharris22 »

Excellent - thanks!!
carnbyte

Post by carnbyte »

I'm looking forward to the iOS version of Sunvox 2.0 :)
I know it won't be in 2.0 but I'm wondering if it's on the future update list to have multi audio input and outputs in the AUv3 version?
samu

Post by samu »

One feature that has been missing in SunVox for a long time is support for audio interfaces that have multiple inputs (and well outputs).

The 'Input Module' should theoretically be able to access all inputs present on the audio-device that is being used?
I'm using a Steinberg UR-242 which has 4 inputs in total and can only select Mono/Stereo instead of 1,2,3,4 (Mono) and 1+2, 3+4 (Stereo).

If/When this gets added it will make sampling with SunVox a lot smoother (Input 1 Mic, Input 2 Mono Synth, 3+4 Stereo Source).
Apart from dipping my toes into SunVox from time to time I spend most of the time with Logic Pro & Renoise.

Cheers!
a1matt

Post by a1matt »

NightRadio wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:34 pm improved import of old tracker formats (XM and MOD);
SunVox crashes when I open a specific xm file.

This is with SunVox 2.0 BETA2 on PC (and also 1.9.6 on PC and Android).

I also checked with five different xm files chosen at random off modarchive and they all opened OK.

@alex assuming you have time to look at it, can I email you a link to the xm file that won't open?
(I can't link to it here as it isn't publically available. It's a friends song I am remixing.)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

carnbyte wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:38 pm I know it won't be in 2.0 but I'm wondering if it's on the future update list to have multi audio input and outputs in the AUv3 version?
Yes :) Multichannel input/output is planned
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

a1matt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:36 pm SunVox crashes when I open a specific xm file.
Please send me this file
a1matt

Post by a1matt »

NightRadio wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:40 pm
a1matt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:36 pm SunVox crashes when I open a specific xm file.
Please send me this file
Thank you! I've emailed it to you (just now).