Input Audio from Multiple Soundcards at Once?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
bharris22

Input Audio from Multiple Soundcards at Once?

Post by bharris22 »

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to Sunvox, and loving it. I had a quick question - I am running Sunvox on a Raspberry Pi 3, and would like to use it as an effects processor. I have a very inexpensive USB audio interface that has one microphone input. Sunvox recognizes this USB interface in the Preferences: Audio Input menu. Could I add a second one of these same audio interfaces, and then run two different Input modules, each receiving audio from the two separate audio interfaces? If not, if I used a different audio interface with 2+ inputs built in, would Sunvox recognize the separate input channels of that interface?

Thanks in advance!
queries

Re: Input Audio from Multiple Soundcards at Once?

Post by queries »

Not currently possible unfortunately... Something I'd love to see myself though! It's been a feature request for a while... If it's on NightRadio's list then I imagine he will take the time to do things "the right way" and not rush it in.

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 75&p=14785

I will say one thing, for multichannel audio, it's usually easier for audio apps to deal with a single input that has >2 channels instead of multiple 2-channel inputs. This is because of very subtle timing differences in hardware that can exist and need be corrected when joining the data coming in from two devices.
bharris22

Re: Input Audio from Multiple Soundcards at Once?

Post by bharris22 »

Great - thanks for your response!

Next question is whether you know of an inexpensive USB audio interface with 2 or more channels that would work with Raspberry Pi?