apply effect 20 and 29 together using <<?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
philipbergwerf

apply effect 20 and 29 together using <<?

Post by philipbergwerf »

I asked this on the discord server but the answer was kind of a work around. I would expect that if I want to apply both effects I can use the special command like in the attachment file. How is this situation supposed to work?(@nightradio)

I want to apply eff 20 to the random eff 29 notes. Is this possible in the pattern editor?
Attachments
eff20--29.sunvox
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: apply effect 20 and 29 together using <<?

Post by NightRadio »

I want to apply eff 20 to the random eff 29 notes. Is this possible in the pattern editor?
Unfortunately no.
From the SunVox manual:
<< - Previous Track (shortcut SHIFT + K); use it to apply effects to previous track; but the following secondary effects are not allowed: 2x, 40..5F, 1D;
But you can use the following trick:
random_notes.png
random_notes.png (1.47 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
AdrianGroty

Re: apply effect 20 and 29 together using <<?

Post by AdrianGroty »

A multisynth's velocity curve (2) and random velocity ctls can be configured to act as a probability trigger similar to effect 20, and as for 29, a metamodule could be made containing your trk0 note array and a single instance of effect 29 to be triggered on note input.

Either/both of these is usable in conjunction with the other non-deterministic effects and can have their parameters further randomized, to some degree. The possible downside to both techniques is that effect 19 (replay note) will retrigger the probability or random note, which will behave unpredictably instead of the "ratcheting/stuttering" effect normally associated with effect 19. But there are workarounds for that, too. Applying the destructive pattern edit FX (38 - 3B) to your trk0 note array inside a metamodule would be an ordeal, however.