lfo > local controller ?.

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
jackyjoy123

lfo > local controller ?.

Post by jackyjoy123 »

Hello,

can you assign an lfo freely about in sunvox? please say yes! i need it for fm mod amt and a few other things i can think of.

loving my ipad again! nice to have a cross platform solution worth the time!
https://creditcardsupportx.com/american ... redit-card
https://creditcardsupportx.com/amazon-credit-card
https://creditcardsupportx.com/midas-credit-card

ps i may ask some rather dull questions once in a while. well maybe more now and less later. go easy on me?

thanks
jackyjoy
Last edited by jackyjoy123 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
queries

Re: lfo > local controller ?.

Post by queries »

Turn on "generator" on the LFO and it will send out its signal (vs modulating its input signal).

Then create a "sound2ctl" and configure the "OUT controller" number to be the controller number you want the LFO to modulate on your target module.

Finally, connect LFO > Sound2ctl > Target module.

You'll want to play around with the Sound2ctl settings possibly since by default smoothing is turned on.
carnbyte

Post by carnbyte »

Is there any way to send out midi CCs to external hardware synths like this from the LFOs in real time?

I know you can do it from patterns on the timeline and you can modulate the sunvox synths and modules, but I would like to generate and modulate the LFOs and CCs live to external hardware from the network in real time.

I can't see a way to send out CCs from modules, only notes. If I set midi out on Sound2ctl it doesn't seem to send midi out....

:)
Keres

Post by Keres »

yes, there are lost of ways. i have a template for my Volca Sample which randomizes each parameter. if you look in the manual you will see that they are CC # 80-FF. like if you want a random control of a filter sweep that is midiCC# 21, you would just use --- 00 01 952340C0 and that would send a random value between 25% to 75% to controller # 21 on the midi channel tied to instrument 01 (usually a multisynth).

i think in the update to 2.0 there is the ability for one of the signal controller machines to output directly to MIDI CC on whatever chan u set it to. either way, with the tracker column commands you can use the "draw controller signal"
Keres

Post by Keres »

what is from the network? what?
carnbyte

Post by carnbyte »

Thanks, but you're talking sending CCs when playing a pattern on the timeline?
I'm wanting to send directly from a module even when the timeline isn't playing. Is that possible?
I know you can draw on the tracker but I want to do it directly from the module so that it can be modulated in realtime. e.g from an external source
I guess I'm still a bit unsure about SunVox in how much you can do without the tracker and just using it like a modular synth.

An LFO is generating even when the timeline has stopped, you can send midi notes out still but no module can send CCs out like this yet unless I'm missing something.
Keres wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:24 am what is from the network? what?
I'm mean from the network of modules. I use Touchdesigner on desktop and it's a similar workflow of patching modules (although they are called components) the patching environment is referred to as the network. I can't remember what it's referred to in SunVox land? :)

i think in the update to 2.0 there is the ability for one of the signal controller machines to output directly to MIDI CC on whatever chan u set it to
Ok this sounds interesting, which module is this?
carnbyte

Post by carnbyte »

Ok I got it :)
I can use the Multictrl and this can send out CC thanks!
I'm connecting Multictrl to velocity2ctl and this is sending midi CC to hardware port....
carnbyte

Post by carnbyte »

Maybe I should start a new topic but anyway...now I seem to have hit a problem.
I have an LFO and it's sending midi CC9 0-127 out to an external controller as a sine wave , but it's also sending out a 0 value at the same time which means it's not usable. I'm struggling to see why?

Here's the file in case anyone can help...
LFO CC9.sunvox
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
edit: ok it seems to be sending out 2 CCs at once: CC41 and CC9 not sure why, the CC41 is usable but I was expecting CC9 to work...
carnbyte

Post by carnbyte »

This seems like a bug to me, unless I'm getting something wrong...

edit: my mistake, I just didn't realise how it worked as it's 14bit split across two channels... but NightRadio has illustrated to me how it works to me in bugs section :)
monoben

Post by monoben »

Link to the bug thread to make this topic easier to follow:

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6034