Solved: Multiple pattern effects on one note?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
spktkpkt

Solved: Multiple pattern effects on one note?

Post by spktkpkt »

I'm trying hard to figure out if it is possible to add multiple pattern commands/effects to one note. Is it possible? If so, could you give me a hint or point me to the section in the manual? Thank you!

Solved
queries wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:26 pm Use Shift+K in the next track(s) over to do this. It will look like two left-pointing arrowheads in the tracker instead of a note. Most effects will work in secondary columns, but some won't. Search for "previous track" in the manual for more info.
Last edited by spktkpkt on Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
NeuroNoNeuro

Re: Multiple pattern effects on one note?

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

spktkpkt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:55 pm I'm trying hard to figure out if it is possible to add multiple pattern commands/effects to one note. Is it possible? If so, could you give me a hint or point me to the section in the manual? Thank you!
When I've needed that, I just add more columns to the track. Does that work? I'm not sure, but I think it does.
queries

Post by queries »

Use Shift+K in the next track(s) over to do this. It will look like two left-pointing arrowheads in the tracker instead of a note. Most effects will work in secondary columns, but some won't. Search for "previous track" in the manual for more info.
queries

Post by queries »

NeuroNoNeuro wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:24 pm When I've needed that, I just add more columns to the track. Does that work? I'm not sure, but I think it does.
It sounds like they're looking for something different. Adding more tracks (columns) to a pattern lets you add more independent notes... but if you want to use two or more tracker effects on a single note, you have to use the "previous track" special note value in the track(s) to the right.
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

queries wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:29 pm
NeuroNoNeuro wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:24 pm When I've needed that, I just add more columns to the track. Does that work? I'm not sure, but I think it does.
It sounds like they're looking for something different. Adding more tracks (columns) to a pattern lets you add more independent notes... but if you want to use two or more tracker effects on a single note, you have to use the "previous track" special note value in the track(s) to the right.
Thanks for pointing this out! I'm still learning a lot about SunVox - took me a few years to get most of what I wanted out of Renoise, so I've got a ways to go, it looks like :) There is SOOOOOO much.
spktkpkt

Post by spktkpkt »

queries wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:26 pm Use Shift+K in the next track(s) over to do this.
That's it, I knowed i read about it some times ago but couldn't find it. Thank you!

By the way, learned today that it is possible to use effects directly inside of the Sampler module and draw envelopes/automations...so much to explore and so powerful.

Also thank you @NeuroNoNeuro for the reply. :)