Solved...kind of: Sampler Loop in Samples

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
spktkpkt

Solved...kind of: Sampler Loop in Samples

Post by spktkpkt »

Is there a way to set the loop or the selection in the SunVox Sampler module by a specific number of samples, or a range of samples like 257 - 512? I would like to select a specific wave from a wavetable. So lets say i have a wavetable which has 16 waves with 512 samples each, i would like to pick like wave 3, so sample 1536 - 2048. Maybe there is another way to accomplish this, i'm thankful for every hint. :)

Edit (Solved...kind of): Not exactly what i was looking for, but there are some possibilities with the phase offset commands. I'll have a deeper play with them, i guess that will work...kind of. 8)
Last edited by spktkpkt on Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Solved...kind of: Sampler Loop in Samples

Post by NightRadio »

Not exactly what i was looking for, but there are some possibilities with the phase offset commands.
Yes, this is a partial solution. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to change the loop points.
I think we need some additional effects or controllers for this in the SunVox update...

By the way, if you just need to switch between different wave types, you can use multiple samplers, or assign different waves to different notes within one sampler (as described here)
spktkpkt

Re: Solved...kind of: Sampler Loop in Samples

Post by spktkpkt »

NightRadio wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:34 am Unfortunately, it does not allow you to change the loop points.
I think we need some additional effects or controllers for this in the SunVox update...
True. It would be great to have two new pattern commands, a "sample offset loop start" and a "sample offset loop end". This way you could automate stuff very easily. You could even implement a "loop direction" (forward/backward/pingpong).
NightRadio wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:34 am By the way, if you just need to switch between different wave types, you can use multiple samplers, or assign different waves to different notes within one sampler (as described here)
Thank you for the hint, i know. :)

While writing, i recognize that it already is be possible to accomplish what i would like to do...it just needs a lot of steps and takes long. At the end, my goal is to loop and pitch isolated portions of a sample.

This is alredy possible, like so:
- load multiple Sampler modules with the same sample
- set the loop in each Sample module for the portion you need
- enter the correct Sample module number and pitch into the tracker
- set the individual offsets for every step

With the two new pattern commands it would be like:
- enter Sample module number with pitch into the tracker
- enter loop offset start and end

It would be muuuuuch faster and you only need one Sample module and one copy of a sample.