Pitchbend/slides record from Linnstrument, Roli, or other virtual midi/tablet apps

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
andy79_ro

Pitchbend/slides record from Linnstrument, Roli, or other virtual midi/tablet apps

Post by andy79_ro »

Hi,

I wanted to know if the slides that can be made on the mentioned midi boards can be recorded in sunvox as played. Standard DAWs can capture it without problems but in sunvox, I don't know how/if I can do it.

Also, not sure if it is MPE compatible.

Thank you
spktkpkt

Re: Pitchbend/slides record from Linnstrument, Roli, or other virtual midi/tablet apps

Post by spktkpkt »

As far as i know, SunVox doesn't understand MPE (yet?). You can map different CC values to different parameters of modules and you can record automations into patterns. Ofcourse you have to activate the controller first under SunVox > Preferences > MIDI.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Pitchbend/slides record from Linnstrument, Roli, or other virtual midi/tablet apps

Post by NightRadio »

MPE is channel based. So you can create up to 16 synths assigned to different MIDI channels, like in this video:

For the notes:
open Module properties,
set MIDI IN to ALWAYS,
set MIDI IN Channel to polyphonic channel number from 1 to 16 (MPE device will split its voices across these channels).
And so for every synth...

For the controllers:
select synth X, choose some of its controllers, double click on the controller,
use MIDI Learn ("..." button right of MIDI IN label),
or set MIDI message manually: click the MIDI menu button, set MIDI IN message type to "Control change" and MIDI channel to X.

Not a fast way, but it should work :)
andy79_ro

Post by andy79_ro »

Thank you Alexander. For the MPE feature, the solution is clear, will try it when I get home. Also the controller part.
What is not clear, is if the pitchbend will work when sliding on the same row. I see that vibrato is fine in the video, but slides across notes dose not seem the have been played, if I'm not mistaken
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

What is not clear, is if the pitchbend will work when sliding on the same row.
Not directly, because SunVox itself does not react to the pitchbend in any way...
But again you can do it manually :)
1) add the Glide module before each synth;
2) in the Glide module, double click on the PITCH controller;
3) link this controller to the MIDI "Pitch bend" commands.
andy79_ro

Post by andy79_ro »

Ok, thank you. Will try that
synx

Post by synx »

I have a Sensel Morph, and did some toying around in SunVox. I essentially just connected 10 glide modules to the input of the generator I was using.

In addition to NightRadio's notes, I found a Pitch Scale value in the Glide module of about 4 to be appropriate for the 24 semitone pitch bend range of the controller. It worked beautifully. Good luck and have fun!