Loop Module - can it be stronger?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NeuroNoNeuro

Loop Module - can it be stronger?

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Came back to SunVox (was using this on/off since 2011). I found that there is a module similar to Renoise's 'Repeater', called the 'Loop' module. What I've noticed is that it can do very similar stuff to the Repeater module, but is a little less predictable.

Is there any way to get it to be stronger? Stronger choppiness, that is. Very on/off - similar to other beat choppers that work with samples. I am using this effect on the entire track as part of the compositional method, so not for a sampler, but the entire mix.
AutumnCheney

Re: Loop Module - can it be stronger?

Post by AutumnCheney »

do you mean activating the loop module on the beat? if so, then i have a solution

i threw together this module after reading this thread. simply send a note into the module to enable the loop, or turn on the "loop always on" controller. every new note command will cause the loop to resample a new chunk and repeat it. the other controls except for the dry/wet are basically the same as in the regular loop module, and i assume you know how to use it. be sure to set the metamodule's bpm and tpl to be the same as in your song!

unfortunately, due to the limitations of the regular loop module, every chunk will only be repeated at a maximum of 64 times, but this should be enough for most uses. maybe i can rig up an echo module with zero feedback for infinite repeats...
Attachments
AutumnC Loop Pro.sunsynth
(7.26 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Looking forward to trying this out! Thanks, AutumnCheney!
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

WORKS SO FAR!!! :D