Inputting values without advancing a line?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
nineofkings

Inputting values without advancing a line?

Post by nineofkings »

Hi all, I'm a new user trying SunVox out on PC. It seems really powerful. But I like to use sample offset to skip around samples, which means putting in XXYY values, which brings me to my problem: whenever I input a value, SunVox moves forward a line! So, if I want to type "07 1234," for example, I actually have to type "0, up, right, 7, up, right, 1, up, right, 2, up, right, 3, up, right, 4, up, right." This is quite a frustrating way to work.

Is there any way to change this behavior so I can type out effect parameters in a natural way, all on one line?
monoben

Re: Inputting values without advancing a line?

Post by monoben »

Hi

There is a way to change what happens after you input a value. In the top right corner you'll find a Padlock symbol! Under that should be the Edit Step numbers. Just set the Edit step to 0.

In the past I have suggested adding one step to the right option but for now it's stay in place or go step down 1-16 lines. I actually would like to see an option for jumping to the next column.

Any way its fine for now for me.

Happy Sunvoxing.
nineofkings

Re: Inputting values without advancing a line?

Post by nineofkings »

monoben wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 am Hi

There is a way to change what happens after you input a value. In the top right corner you'll find a Padlock symbol! Under that should be the Edit Step numbers. Just set the Edit step to 0.

In the past I have suggested adding one step to the right option but for now it's stay in place or go step down 1-16 lines. I actually would like to see an option for jumping to the next column.

Any way its fine for now for me.

Happy Sunvoxing.
Ah, that fixes it. Thanks!