How to change bypass solo mute in real time

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
cockroach

How to change bypass solo mute in real time

Post by cockroach »

Is there any way to control a modules bypass / solo / mute buttons in real time for example with a square wave LFO.? I know we can do it with the track commands but I have a use for real-time control of these parameters without playing tracks.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: How to change bypass solo mute in real time

Post by NightRadio »

No simple way yet.
You can try to automate a set of Amplifiers (volume 0 = mute)
cockroach

Post by cockroach »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:45 am No simple way yet.
You can try to automate a set of Amplifiers (volume 0 = mute)
I can put the synths in a meta module then put the bypass last solo / mute codes in a pattern track and then use a multi synth in the parent project with the phase parameter set to activate the pattern I want. So I have a reasonable work around for what I need thank you very much for answering
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

cockroach wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:06 am Is there any way to control a modules bypass / solo / mute buttons in real time for example with a square wave LFO.? I know we can do it with the track commands but I have a use for real-time control of these parameters without playing tracks.
this sounds ]to be super useful as im trying to build a big sunvox live set to run on an older iphone and i can't have all the metamodules on all at once... just one or 2 at a time. so ideally midi cc knobs could switch on/off each meta module.

ive been trying to pull off this workaround you are mentioning but to no luck. i have the self oscillating sound generator in a metamodule(mm1)... that is nested inside a metamodule(mm2).. mm2 has 1 pattern with mm1's effect 13 set to 0100 on line one and on line 16, effect 14 set to 0100. when i push play inside mm2 the sound generator mm1 - it's bypass turns off and on as expected. i can even manually click on the B button and bypass it that way. however when i go up to the master level, and put a multisynth routed to mm2 (with options c5 base, and play from keyboard) and play patterns on mm2 set to repeat - then i hit a keyboard key on the multisynth, the bypass will not work. its as though its ignoring the pattern within. but then to debug, i dropped an analog generator inside mm2 and added some notes for it in the pattern as a test. when i go up a level and hit a keyboard key i hear those notes but mm1 still doesn't follow the bypass effect 13/14 (in the same pattern as t he generator's notes). any ideas what might not be working here?
why is bypass not working.sunvox
(21.46 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
also im really curious how you are using the phase on the multisynth to trigger the effect 13/14 on the pattern.. and is that something you could link a midi knob to (via sound2control or multictrl?) i still need to do some research on the multisynth phase. but really, just wondering why mm1 is not being bypassed here.

or.. if by any chance you(or any of you other master builders out there) might have an example .sunvox demonstrating this technique in how to bypass a nested metamodule, i'd love to be educated!

tia!!
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

update: after spending way too much time tinkering around today, finally got it working! was a fun puzzle ;]
in case if anybody else needs this kind of thing:
bypasser finally working.sunvox
(21.54 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
think for the iphone ill save some cpu and eliminate the lfo>sound2ctrl>note2ctrl combo and just use puredata via the free mobmuplat app to send midi note triggers + cc's to change phase shift directly on the multisynths for each of the metasynths.
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

Awesome Trick! I thought this was impossible to do in SunVox. This really opens a lot of possibilities.
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

Logickin λ wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:42 pm Awesome Trick! I thought this was impossible to do in SunVox. This really opens a lot of possibilities.
it definitely does! so far 160 instances bypassed on the iphone6s only idles at around 10-15% cpu. i feel some wild setups for an entire 1-1.5 hour performance could be done this way entirely using the phone (and the nanokey studio wireless expanded with puredata of course). will be fun exploring the vast possibilities.

and please- if theres a way to improve this crude version, and make it even more easy to use or cpu friendly feel free to post it here ;)