Lua binding for SunVox library

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Penguinum-tea

Lua binding for SunVox library

Post by Penguinum-tea »

High there~

Made a Lua binding for SunVox library, mainly for fun with love2d game engine, but it can be used with INSTEAD and other engines with realtime audio generation support as well, I guess.
API is a little bit Lua-ified (prefix "sv_" was removed because functions are namespaced, flags were replaced with parameter tables).

Tested on Linux, also cross-compiled Windows version and tested it in Wine.
Not everything may work as expected right now, though demo I made for love2d seem to work.

Source code (MIT-licensed): https://github.com/Penguinum/luavox
love2d demo (plays SunVox file)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Lua binding for SunVox library

Post by NightRadio »

Cool! Thank you!
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

really cool! i can see this coming in handy for a minetest mod i'm planning that provides generative music
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
Penguinum-tea

Post by Penguinum-tea »

I doubt Minetest has ability to play generated audio from Lua. It didn't have it before and I couldn't find any mentions of it now.
vectrex

Post by vectrex »

hey really cool library! (love2d newb here)

i'm struggling with lv.get_pattern_data(), i would like to read note data from patterns but the function seems to return a raw C byte array and i don't know how to parse this in love2d. tried adapting the library java/JS example but this does not work. do you think this is possible with lua/love2d? thanks

edit: also lv.play() doesn't react on the second argument, ie. line to start from. i tried to adapt luavox.c but cannot get luavox to build using msys2 (bunch of undefined reference errors while linking)