skip line in pattern

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
stm606

skip line in pattern

Post by stm606 »

Hi
I would like to skip a line in a pattern. See line 01 in the pattern - I have a note probability effect set(track0) - but this still allows the effect in the next track to always run. Basically I would like to skip the line (probabilistically) so that effect 00310010 on the next track(track1) doesn't always run. Is there a way to do this?
Attachments
noteProb_v001.sunvox
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: skip line in pattern

Post by NightRadio »

Is there a way to do this?
Not in the current version...
Some additional effects are required here. I will try to implement it in the next updates.
stm606

Post by stm606 »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:27 pm
Is there a way to do this?
Not in the current version...
Some additional effects are required here. I will try to implement it in the next updates.
Thanks - this will be great!
Keres

Post by Keres »

here is a proposed workaround using a metamodule and a few multisynths. all i did was roll out the patterns how you want them into a metamodule and then tell the multisynth to play either pattern randomly. I might be missing the point of "skipping" the line 01, because it is not really clear to me weather you want to actually skip the whole line, or just the commands on the line, but you can see there is a way to achieve the effect of probability of playing 2 different patterns. this is set to 50% between each pattern, just adjust the graph of the multictrl and you could make it 25%-75% or whatever.

have fun!
Attachments
Keres - Random Command Workaround 1-18-21.sunvox
(7.04 KiB) Downloaded 108 times