ios with apple smart keyboard

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
stm606

ios with apple smart keyboard

Post by stm606 »

Hi
How are people setting up SunVox with the apple smart keyboard? A lot of the shortcuts rely on keys that are not immediately available etc. Transport relies on F keys for example... I am learning SunVox + I am new to the ipad - so I'm finding it a little awkward at the moment. I know I can just reassign the shortcuts - just wondering how other people are working.
Thanks!
queries

Re: ios with apple smart keyboard

Post by queries »

NightRadio can chime in about his plans, but I've noticed this too. Another example is that you can't hold down shift and then use a mouse/trackpad to connect modules together, and holding down a note key will cause a note to be re-triggered repeatedly instead of sustained.

I think part of the issue is that for a long time, keyboard support had lots of limitations as far as what apps could do, and mouse support was nonexistent. Nowadays, mice and trackpads are well-supported, and there are newer APIs that let apps do more with the keyboard.

So it could be that until recently, some things weren't possible, and now it's just a matter of how NightRadio is able to prioritize/schedule the feature alongside whatever else he has planned.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

It's in my to-do list :)
Before iOS 13.4 there was no support for such types of events (key press / key release).
So only limited keyboard support was implemented (several predefined shortcuts).
Now i can add the full support.
stm606

Post by stm606 »

Thanks NightRadio - looking forward to the update!
stm606

Post by stm606 »

Quick question If I have set up an effect on the top row 00 - say the retrigger 19 effect and I want to propagate that down the column. What is the best way to do that (on ios)? Maybe sometimes all the way down the pattern and sometimes maybe just for a number of rows. The duplicate seems to duplicate the whole row (ignoring the fact that the cursor is at the effect column) and copy paste seems to also do the entire row for that track. Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Quick question If I have set up an effect on the top row 00 - say the retrigger 19 effect and I want to propagate that down the column. What is the best way to do that (on ios)? Maybe sometimes all the way down the pattern and sometimes maybe just for a number of rows. The duplicate seems to duplicate the whole row (ignoring the fact that the cursor is at the effect column) and copy paste seems to also do the entire row for that track. Thanks!
I think we need some advanced "Clone" feature here. I will try to implement it.
stm606

Post by stm606 »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:58 am
I think we need some advanced "Clone" feature here. I will try to implement it.
Thanks again!