Attaching a different note to a different module

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
peterwilli

Attaching a different note to a different module

Post by peterwilli »

Hey there.

I tried to Google this but I'm afraid if it even exists at all in Sunvox, I don't know the right terms to find it. Recently I was working on finding ways to keep projects more clean and organized.

I was thinking of having a metamodule for the beat and bass, where a different note will trigger a different "part" of the metamodule.
I was thinking of something to what Drumsynth does, but then for your own modules.

So in short (an example):

Say if I press C5, the metamodule will redirect to a generator that is doing the bass, but if I press D5, it'll sound a kick.

Does something like this exist / is it possible? Thanks!
queries

Re: Attaching a different note to a different module

Post by queries »

You can do this kind of routing with some multisynths that only let certain notes through.

So you’d have a multisynth getting input note. That would go to several multisynths that each only let a single note pass through. Each of those would be connected to whatever module you want that note to trigger.

Let me know if that makes sense. If not then I’ll try to make an example project later.
peterwilli

Post by peterwilli »

queries wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:51 pm You can do this kind of routing with some multisynths that only let certain notes through.

So you’d have a multisynth getting input note. That would go to several multisynths that each only let a single note pass through. Each of those would be connected to whatever module you want that note to trigger.

Let me know if that makes sense. If not then I’ll try to make an example project later.
Hey Queries, thanks for your quick reply! I really appreciate it. I tried to do this with multisynths, but I didn't get it to "not trigger" when I press a certain note. What I tried was setting start and end note, but it still triggered if I pressed notes outside the start/end.

See this screenshot:

Edit: I found it! Thanks! I had to reduce all velocity to 0 in the curve and then I could do the above. Thanks a lot I wasted an hour on this trying to find it!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Please also check the following examples in the 1.9.6 beta:

examples/simple_examples/
drumkit 1 (sampler).sunvox
drumkit 2 (multisynths).sunvox
drumkit 3 (multisynth).sunvox

drumkit3 demonstrates a new method only available in SunVox 1.9.6
peterwilli

Post by peterwilli »

Oh thanks, I'll definitely check those out. I'm really happy with the software so far and while I never released anything finished with it yet I'm convinced I'll do so very soon.

Edit: I love the way it works there, I think I'll try the beta on my project and see how it goes.