What OS do you use with SunVox? (poll 2020)

Multi-platform modular music creation studio

What system(s) do you use with SunVox?

You may select up to 13 options

View results

NightRadio
Site Admin

What OS do you use with SunVox? (poll 2020)

Post by NightRadio »

photo by Daniele Pezzana
Rondobotic

Re: What OS do you use with SunVox? (poll 2020)

Post by Rondobotic »

Just curious, The Palm OS has me interested, I use IOS and Win 10 mainly, however I have been after a sort of bluetooth keyboard case for my phone so I can use the keyboard keys, whats the best alround portable system that I could use so I can have a handheld train noodling device that has a keyboard?
Keres

Post by Keres »

laptop dual booting Xubuntu18.10/Ubuntu Studio.

latency with both is amazing, the Studio version is so i can use Sunvox with Jack/Ardour and mix stems with all of our home-made effects in sunvox.

also, i like sitting up in bed with my cheapo android phone and a Microsoft bluetooth mouse. The keyboard with portable stuff, i feel is no where near as important because of the built in graphical piano.

I also use sunvox on linux Mint, but those are my business machines (LibreOffice/CAD/GIS). it works very very well on live distros as well (puppy/knoppix)

don't forget to install libsdl2 :good: :good: .
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

I use sunvox many times in the evening covered in red light because that feeds my creativity, very weird... When traveling to work on tha macbook... People are looking to me because I am dancing in the train... Even sometimes on the toilet... (Android)

Floepje
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

I use Sunvox on Palm, Win7, Win8 and Pi, but I use it in different ways based on the machine. For instance, my Win7 machine is a palmtop from 2009, so I do more minimal music on it. On android, I simply built effects and synths, and on Palm, I write little melodies and music itself without worrying about what the sound is like and on Win8, the machine with the most horsepower, I use Sunvox like I would any other 'big DAW', drawing together elements made on the other platforms.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
kevintherobloxnoob

Post by kevintherobloxnoob »

I didn't know about SunVox until Summer of 2019 when RobloxFan75000 made music with it. Back then, I got an LG Stylo 4. I found an APK of SunVox 1.7.4 and made music, though the program lags but I still make music out of it. Until I've got an iPhone, I got an $15 iTunes Gift Card. I bought Minecraft (of course) and SunVox like a week later. And when I got a Chromebook later, I found CrossOver for Chrome OS which can run Windows programs. Although the program can run 32-bit programs, but SunVox is 32-bit and 64-bit too. So yeah, I enjoyed SunVox alot. :good:
Using SunVox for like a year and still a beginner. :)

My SC:https://soundcloud.com/kevintherobloxnoob
My Audius:https://audius.co/kevintheroblox1
monoben

Post by monoben »

It pains me greatly to say this but I’m only really using Sunvox on my iPad now. Every so often I’ll have a go on the small screen on the android phone if I’m waiting in the car for some reason. In an ideal world I’d search for the best performing single thread cpu and stuff that in some custom tower and paint a giant white square on my wall and get a projector and Sunvox all day and night, but till then I guess the iPad will do.
ArmandoC

Post by ArmandoC »

I’ve been having a lot of fun on a pocketchip. So much so I bought a Windows CE unit to join the party. It’s nice to have compact noise engines.
AdrianGroty

Post by AdrianGroty »

Android, same phone I use for calls and web browsing. I'm a long-time Reason user on PC, and SunVox is the only thing I've found for Android with the same kind of "anything goes" rack/routing system. And I might say SunVox does it better than Reason in many ways.

Side note: I swore off trackers years ago, but SunVox has convinced me that a character/cell-based system makes way more sense on a touchschreen than a piano roll/automation curve, despite what I thought I knew about playing the computer.
jaijai

Post by jaijai »

ArmandoC wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:26 am I’ve been having a lot of fun on a pocketchip. So much so I bought a Windows CE unit to join the party. It’s nice to have compact noise engines.
You got me curious, which windows ce unit did you buy?
I am also in the market for one. I have several palmos device, almost no windows ce.
CHEEZ2600

Post by CHEEZ2600 »

I currently use the Android version on my Chromebook. I also have it on my phone as well.
Still learning...
ArmandoC

Post by ArmandoC »

jaijai wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:20 am
ArmandoC wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:26 am I’ve been having a lot of fun on a pocketchip. So much so I bought a Windows CE unit to join the party. It’s nice to have compact noise engines.
I am also in the market for one. I have several palmos device, almost no windows ce.
I got the HP iPaq h5555
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

Rondobotic wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:12 am Just curious, The Palm OS has me interested, I use IOS and Win 10 mainly, however I have been after a sort of bluetooth keyboard case for my phone so I can use the keyboard keys, whats the best alround portable system that I could use so I can have a handheld train noodling device that has a keyboard?
I know this is a late reply, but Blackberry released a square screen android phone with keyboard built in. It is a little pricey, but it is what you want, I think. I also saw a 'tank' of a phone also with a built in keyboard that's highly shock proof and water proof, also with a square screen but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is called. It was released last summer.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
jaijai

Post by jaijai »

ArmandoC wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:15 am
jaijai wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:20 am
I got the HP iPaq h5555
Thanks man, I will check it out.
It took a while to come back to the forum :)
I got a Siemens pocket loox n520.
Pocket pc's are great sunvox machines.
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

hseiken wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:09 pm
Rondobotic wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:12 am Just curious, The Palm OS has me interested, I use IOS and Win 10 mainly, however I have been after a sort of bluetooth keyboard case for my phone so I can use the keyboard keys, whats the best alround portable system that I could use so I can have a handheld train noodling device that has a keyboard?
I know this is a late reply, but Blackberry released a square screen android phone with keyboard built in. It is a little pricey, but it is what you want, I think. I also saw a 'tank' of a phone also with a built in keyboard that's highly shock proof and water proof, also with a square screen but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is called. It was released last summer.
Yes this is exactly what I was thinking! I'd love to find a bluetooth "QWERTY" keyboard, should have specified better, case for my phone. I deont like inputting on the touchscreen for the tracker, id love arrow keys and letters. I would also love a nintendo switch version of Sunvox :P