Pattern effect 32

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Littlewoodg

Pattern effect 32

Post by Littlewoodg »

Hi
Does this new pattern effect support “pattern calls”
In other words, can I use this effect to jump to a position in different pattern?
Excuse my ignorance!
I’m asking because I suspect tutorial material for this new feature is not yet available.
Thanks!
Keres

Re: Pattern effect 32

Post by Keres »

It took me a little while to understand this command, but yes. you can skip around a pattern OR the whole song. what you do is use the 32commnd with mode 1, then use the 31 command to skip to a line in a pattern. after that, if you want to skip to a different pattern, just have it play over another 32 comand with mode 0 and the 31 command is set to a line in the whole song (in hex).

here is a track that i made last night that uses that same tactic: legg.guru/music/Keres_DiabloBreak.sunvox
Keres

Re: Pattern effect 32

Post by Keres »

yeah, not exactly the best tutorial to begin with... not to mention that i had to take down my site because nobody cares. anyways... here is a better example for size reasons, but this example also uses the 38, 39, 3C commands with the 31 command to loop a pattern 4 times in the same place then advance and play the next 4 lines, 4x each then again...
Attachments
Keres_31,38,29,3C_tutorial.sunvox
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 99 times