Thank YOU!!!

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
burij

Thank YOU!!!

Post by burij »

Hey Guys! I just wanted to say a huuuge thanks to Alexander for this amzing peace of software!

I'm a hobby electronic music producer from Berlin and I didn't hear anything about sunvox (or tracker in general) before august. I used Ableton Live first, a powerfull daw, but starting windows just for making music was always kind of pain. Also Abletons starts very slow (I mean, performance of sunvox is soooo amzing, OMG!), something always breaks in audio or midi settings, bla bla bla. Ableton was nice to use, but it also always stopt me from begining. Then I discovered tracktion, and felt in love, because it was so much faster, sleaker and for the first time I was able to produce music on linux (windows is ditched now completly). so I was using tracktion for some years and it's really good. the vst situation for linux is a bit poor, but there is u-he forsynths, lsp for eq and sampler (mhm, okish to use, but bad workflow, so it's also has potential to destroy your creativity), some other nice things... kinda nothing really good for drums.

then this summer I just wanted to build a small standalone synth with raspberry pi 4 and discovered sunvox. so the standalone synth was build in a day, it's a nice new toy. but then I started to discover sunvox software on desktop and what can I say. it's just a best peace of software ever. I mean, you guys know it, but I couldn't image it. I always thought a good reverb need a loooot of cpu power. I know better yet. the performance in generally is incredible. If i'm watching a youtube video and get a music Idea, I'm less then 3 seconds away from starting to produce. this whole amazing GUI concept, which works with every screensize, every device. the workflow speed, you can reach with a combination of mouse, keyboardshortcuts and midi-keyboard. and the best thing, tracker instead of piano roll. newer heard of tracker befor. to see notes like this is so much more logical for me as a nerd. ok stop. that's not the best thing. the best thing is, it's a god damn modular! I just love connecting audiodevices together and now I can do it all day long without worrieng, that a system update will break the software, because there are no dependencies. everything in just one folder. I'm on the way to ditch other daws completly. maybe not for the mixing phase, I like do it in the classical channels view with ardour and kmr studio plugins. and of course: sunvox has a perfect workflow for that, you can export 1 wav for every cable, which is connected to the output, quickly load them in ardour an do your mastering.

produced 3 tracks in 4 weeks. yesterday I bought an android version, really don't need it, but wanted to give Alexander a small sign of apreciacion. I don't know, if you read those posts or still develop sunvox (there is no need, the software is ready and perfect), but you are the best and you brought so much joy in my life. THANK YOU!
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Thank YOU!!!

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you very much! :)
The new version 1.9.5 is almost finished... :)
leondustar

Post by leondustar »

Very recognizable story :)
Welcome to the sunvox club!
theorize

Post by theorize »

Welcome to tracking!!!
NightRadio wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:42 pm Thank you very much! :)
The new version 1.9.5 is almost finished... :)
I get so excited every time I see the completion meter jump up a notch! I'm going to have to buy a new SD card for my pi... the formatting tool isn't wiping my old partition correctly and I have tracking to do! I'm hoping that with the new OS having better open GL support I won't have to use the software renderer. Speaking of that, to what extent does SunVox use graphics hardware? I'm assuming it doesn't use a 3d pipeline?
gennargiu

Post by gennargiu »

Alexander and your Sunvox is the best and easy electronic music production for open source comunity !!! W Sunvox :) ciao

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 Sff + Raspberry pi4 (4 giga ram) - Sunvox 1.9.5 - Mx Linux 19 (Debian Buster based) + Raspbian Buster
ragingcoast

Post by ragingcoast »

+1 on this. Always loved music but never could get into it. Learning curve was steep, finding a good sound was hard, and I just never could get started.

Then one evening i’m slowsurfing on iOS and stumble upon sunvox in the app store. Something just clicked. Even with a heavy learning curve tbh, it was easy to get started and get creative from the start. Not only that, Sunvox is super educational, letting you experiment but also teaching you, how a modulator works, how the various filters work, what all the generator settings do, how the waveform looks at every step...

I feel like im growing at a quick pace and it wouldnt really be possible for me without a software like this available fully featured on my phone!!!

Thank you for Sunvox!
burij

Post by burij »

Hi again,

about saying thank you. Would like to give something back. This source here is already known in the forum and extremely helpful if you're playing with synths, I have the link from somewhere here. https://www.soundonsound.com/series/synth-secrets

After reading a couple of articles I got panic, what, if this extreme helpful resource goes offline one day. Holy sh*t. So I copied the complete Secret Of Synths Series (63 parts) inkl. better resolution pictures (some of them are already lost), formatted the text in markdown, fixed structure, picture titles, if there were missing. At this point it was a well-prepared book, so I rendered the whole thing as different formats of .pdf (as A5, so you can read it on smaller devices and A4-Format). Then I decided also to render different ebook-formats. Now this content is safe for futute. Since it's copyrighted matierial, I don't want to post here a link, but it was 2 days work and I would love to secure the backup on somebody elses PC, if somebody has interest, just PM me....
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/