Found cool feature by accident but forgot how I did it.

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Musicmatters

Found cool feature by accident but forgot how I did it.

Post by Musicmatters »

Good day to you all, I just found out something interesting in sunvox, but I can't figure out what I did to make it happen.

As we all know if you hook up a multisynth module to a sampler it will loop that note in the sampler if it's set to loop.

But I did something completely different and better by accident.

Basically I saved a sampler as a sunvox module and without using the multisynth, I noticed that everytime I pressed a key repeatedly using that sunvox module by itself that the notes would play back to back. For example: if I pressed the c5 key 10 times using the sunvox module then it would play the c5 10 times very fast like a sequencer.

It was amazing! But I can't figure out how i got it to work.

If you know what I did to make this happen, please let me know, thanks.
Musicmatters

Re: Found cool feature by accident but forgot how I did it.

Post by Musicmatters »

?
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

I almost never use the sampler, but what happens when you try it again? What goes wrong?

On another note, what happens when you try retriggering it in the tracker pattern?
Musicmatters

Post by Musicmatters »

Thanks for your reply. What I mean is it would keep looping long after I pressed the keys. I set a sample to loop inside the sampler, and if I pressed it once it would loop at normal speed as set in the sampler. But if I pressed it multiple times then the loop would speed up and acted like a fast drum sequencer.

I will like to add that I wasn't using the loop module while this was occuring. I only had multisynth and samplers/sunvox modules.

When you press a key with multisynth with trigger ignore note off, it loops the instrument it's connected to, but it stops playing when you press the same key again, but what I experienced is the notes continuing to multiply every time I pressed the same key. And I did it while pressing the sampler/sunvox module. And not the multisynth.

This actually happened by accident a couple times in the past as well. It always starts happening suddenly while playing around with the multisynth and samplers, but I just never can recreate it at will.
queries

Post by queries »

Next time you run into that, consider saving the project as it is at the time and posting it here. There's got to be an explanation and I bet someone would be able to help you figure out what it's doing.
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

It sounds as if (and this is speculation) it's trying to loop multiple iterations, polyphonically, and is therefore retriggering it a lot.

Probably a bug.
Musicmatters

Post by Musicmatters »

Good day to you all. I messaged night radio and he told me how to do it, the instructions are below:

Go to the Sampler -> Edit ->
1) set Volume Fade Out to 0;
2) enable volume Envelope;
3) remove all the points from the envelope; move the remaining single
point to the top;
4) that's it - now the Sampler will play any note endlessly