New user - Some questions

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Ricciardo

New user - Some questions

Post by Ricciardo »

Greetings, i came across with Sunvox yesterday, i bought the mobile version and downloaded the free windows to test it out...

first of all i would like to praise the developer, i got completely blown away , never expected this to run so smoothly and sound so good, incredible...
its stable, sounds amazing and it apears to have a really low footprint in my system, like full tracks running with lost of complexity at less than 5% of the cpu WOW

that said, i still have some questions that perhaps some more experienced users can help.

. i have been searching for information in how to setup a directory for me to load samples, is there a way to do it?

. Do samples are saved inside a preset file? per example, if i export a track that is working on my pc using samples,do the file project store the samples inside of it? or do i need to move the samples as well to my tablet or mobile device?

. is it possible to create modules inside modules? lets say, i have a complex group or setup of a generator a filter and a reverb, can i put them inside a specific modules so i can clean up the space? like to have it less confusing on the screen?

. Is it possible to hide the modules that are not used in a certain pattern? like if i wanted to not see the modules that a certain pattern doesnt use can i do it?
Koekepan

Re: New user - Some questions

Post by Koekepan »

Samples are recorded within the .sunvox file, I believe.

Metamodules can contain other modules, and that leads to a cleaner interface. (I almost never use them, though.)

You can hide modules by putting them on different layers, and only setting some module layers to be visible.
rainydayshirts

Post by rainydayshirts »

Any samples you have loaded when you save a project are indeed saved in the project file. So no need to bring your entire sample library with you to your tablet etc.

If you find yourself using the same chains of modules, a MetaModule is definitely going to be a good idea.
Between MetaModules and the Layers functionality (which I almsot never use, but probably should) it is pretty easy to keep a nice and tidy Project.

Hiding Modules not used in a given pattern is not, to my knowledge, currently possible.
Jesse R. Schilling | rainydayshirts

| Bandcamp | Deviantart | Patreon |
Ricciardo

Post by Ricciardo »

Thank you for the answers... i am incredibly hyped about what you can do with sunvox so far...

its almost like a lower level efficient way of programming music, i love the fact samples are encapsulated with it the preset file its really good.

i see my self sampling synths and using old sample data packages to create my own database of presets in the next months
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

You can also exploit some of its behaviours in interesting ways.

I did this one all in sunvox: https://jankoekepan.bandcamp.com/track/ ... ating-call