2 Sound2ctl on same parameter?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SawZer

2 Sound2ctl on same parameter?

Post by SawZer »

I don't know if this was by design or a bug, but when I put 2 sound2ctl's on the same module and parameter, the whole thing freaks out. I just want to be able to modulate a parameter with 2 different sounds so that I don't have to duplicate a whole bunch of modules.
Koekepan

Re: 2 Sound2ctl on same parameter?

Post by Koekepan »

I think it's more that the system is flexible enough to permit you to shoot yourself in the foot.

Think about it: you have two Sound2Ctrl modules constantly each resetting a parameter to what they think it should be; fifty times a second or so. Massive jitter results.

Instead, what you want to do is something like have both sound sources you are using for modulations lead to the same Sound2Ctrl. That Sound2Ctrl then does the modulation of your favourite parameter.

Alternatively, if you want different automation curves, send your sound sources through amp modules or whatever to get the desired result.
SawZer

Re: 2 Sound2ctl on same parameter?

Post by SawZer »

Instead, what you want to do is something like have both sound sources you are using for modulations lead to the same Sound2Ctrl. That Sound2Ctrl then does the modulation of your favourite parameter.
Of course the solution had to be so simple...
Think about it: you have two Sound2Ctrl modules constantly each resetting a parameter to what they think it should be; fifty times a second or so. Massive jitter results.
The way I have it laid out is that the 2 source signals take turns modulating the parameter with no overlap. So the situation you describe isn't the case here.

Although there is a simple workaround, it would be nice to be able to do it the other way, in case someone (me) forgets :crazy: