can someone help me with windows 10 tablet sunvox problem?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
El Nino

can someone help me with windows 10 tablet sunvox problem?

Post by El Nino »

Hello,

I just bought a windows 10 tablet and im having trouble getting sunvox to work properly.

my main problem is that i cant play notes from the onscreen musical keyboard.

The tablet seems to interpret any long press as a right click (rather than holding a key down on the musical keyboard)

Also, im not able to connect modules by holding one then touching another.

Pinch to zoom doesnt work in the modules window or the pattern editor window.

i tried edit -> preferences, control type = auto and control type = fingers but no luck fixing the problem so far.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Seems like its a problem with windows 10...

I really want to have the option to use sunvox in the same way as I used it on my android tablet, without a keyboard attached.
I thought on a windows 10 tablet it should be no problem...?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: can someone help me with windows 10 tablet sunvox problem?

Post by NightRadio »

my main problem is that i cant play notes from the onscreen musical keyboard.
The tablet seems to interpret any long press as a right click (rather than holding a key down on the musical keyboard)
Maybe some Windows settings.... I don't know sorry :( I'll tell you, if I find a solution...
Also, im not able to connect modules by holding one then touching another.
Pinch to zoom doesnt work in the modules window or the pattern editor window.
Multitouch is only supported in Android and iOS versions of SunVox.
Other systems support are in my plans.
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

Thanks for your help. much appreciated.

I turned off 'long touch for right click' in settings - pen and touch but the musical keyboard in sunvox still doesnt accept key presses.

Its weird, it will respond to sliding my finger over multiple keys, but if I just press one key (or press and hold one key for a long note) it doesnt respond.
cube48

Post by cube48 »

I can confirm the same behavior on my W10 multi-touch enabled tablet. Agree that it would be cool to use it the same way like on mobile platforms with multi-touch.
Alex, let us know if you need any testing support ;-)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Too bad that the Microsoft violates the principle of compatibility with the older applications... :(
I will try to update my notebook (with touch-screen) to Windows10 for testing...
miek1209

Post by miek1209 »

Hey all, just registered. I've been using sunvox for fun for ~6 months or so. I just got a new Win10 tablet.
I'm getting the same "lag" for the on-screen key presses, but I've noticed something that might be of interest.
The key presses only fail on certain modules, and work for others. For example, using [new project > template], the modules "Keys1", "Keys2", and "Keys3" fail to make sound unless the on-screen keys are either double-tapped or "rubbed". Meanwhile the modules "Keys4" and "Keys5" work perfectly well. This same behaviour is found in the "Pad" modules and others as well.
In the meantime, the built-in Windows on-screen keyboard registers note pressing properly, but lacks the ability to slide notes.
Also throwing my hat in for testing support =D