External Synth, Midi, and Sunvox

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
nohmercy

External Synth, Midi, and Sunvox

Post by nohmercy »

Hey people, I don't know much about midi, so if someone could point me in the right direction here I'd appreciate it a lot, this is my question:

If I connect my external synth keyboard (roland xp-80) to my computer with a midi cable (roland UM-One) and fiddle with the settings in Sunvox, is it possible to use my xp-80's patches (the sounds it comes with) in Sunvox?

What I'm trying to do is play on my xp-80 and store that pattern on sunvox and somehow save the pattern(as mp3 or whatever), but only using my keyboards sounds. I feel like the only way is to send the keyboard audio to my pc and record my soundcard?
samrai katt kovboy

Re: External Synth, Midi, and Sunvox

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

You can record the midi notes into SunVox as a pattern but that would just be the midi and no sound as you probably noticed already...
But if you want the sounds of xp-80 you have to either record directly into a sampler module or use midi-out from the pattern that got recorded earlier and record that into a Sampler module.
To record external sound into the sampler you need to use a input module connected to the sampler.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
nohmercy

Post by nohmercy »

Thank you very much!
RIL

Post by RIL »

I use Sunvox tracker to drive the Roland MC909 and it works well. Midi out from Akai MPK25 midi controller into in on the Sunvox and out from akai into the mc909. Need to assign each module in sunvox to corresponding part on the NC909 for the part to play. A nice combination and expansion of the 909.
theorize

Post by theorize »

I want a 909 so bad... I have an Electribe 2 that I love, but would still like to have a 909 for added synthesis and sampling. I want to hook sunvox up to my Win98 machine and have it drive soundfonts playing through the AWE64, I absolutely LOVE the way it sounds with it's analog filters, and the way soundfonts let you stack them up as far as your cards memory will handle. I'm curious to see if there's any latency issues since all the actual processing happens on the soundcard.