Converting WAV to Xi.

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
SkyStrider

Converting WAV to Xi.

Post by SkyStrider »

Recently I decided that the people who used sunvox needed more instruments to use, so I began to rip free soundfonts from various parts of the internet for their wav files. However as I began the ripping process I realized that loading 14-16 samples in sunvox would be a major inconvienience and decided that I would attempt to look for a wav to xi converter. Would anyone happen to know of a good one?

All of the fruits of my labor will be packaged inside a zip for you guys (and girls) to download. It's just that as they are right now it's kinda unwieldy and annoying to go through loading a wav file for every note.
iaon

Re: Converting WAV to Xi.

Post by iaon »

SkyStrider

Post by SkyStrider »

How fortunate! Thank you good sir! Are there any particular soundfonts you'd like ripped? If this works I'll take requests gladly!

Since I appear to be illiterate as to how to use it, what does being a command line program entail? How would I activate it anyway?
iaon

Post by iaon »

I suggest you pm the author or others on this forum who've actually used it.
You'll need Python installed. Try converting a single sample pack as explained here, the one line command goes in your terminal/bash/commandline, depending on your OS (in Windows search for 'cmd').
For more specific advice I'm sure others here are better equipped.

As to you first question, one-shot percussive kits of any kind are always welcome.