Sampler sustain as an EG - help plz

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
yul

Sampler sustain as an EG - help plz

Post by yul »

Hello!!! The sampler looks like an aweseome enveloppe generator by either drawing a sample as an env shape.

Also drawing a full line (i.e 100% DC) and using the sampler vol enveloppe points can also simulate ADSR.

In both cases using multisynth before to transpose and deep detuning the note to obtain a slow enveloppe.

Then send the signal to a generator and tweak the frequancy modulation control for example to have pitch EG.

When using the env points I cannot get the sustain point to maintain it's place when it is activated. Anything I am missing? Thanks!!!!
Last edited by yul on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
yul

Re: Sampler sustain help plz

Post by yul »

So drawing a sample as a straight horizontal line at the very top of the window (100% dc) and using volume points as the enveloppe, the sustain point behaves unusually. Playing around with mono mode for the sampler helps but I am not sure how to best use sustain as it does not stay at the right level when I am holding a key.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Sampler sustain as an EG - help plz

Post by NightRadio »

Please send your project file
yul

Post by yul »

Wow more than happy to! See attached..I would like to sustain the pitch env and enable the release... I know playing with mono/poly does have an effects but I am not sure how to make it work 100%. Thanks!
Attachments
test sampler EG with sustain.sunvox
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
yul

Post by yul »

It looks like sustain will work in mono mode coming in from multisynth...see attached
Attachments
test sampler EG mono sampler .sunvox
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

You forgot to enable the loop of your sample :) Now it ends before the envelope.
I mean the first example with the polyphonic Sampler.
In the second example it works properly, because you disabled the Always Play C5 option in MultiSynth, but now the speed of the envelope depends on the note
yul

Post by yul »

Much appreciated! I have made the changes you suggested!

I am realizing that the sampler output will increment after each additional polyphonic note and ever increasing the pitch in poly mode.

Switching to mono will reset the env.each time and it's a bit tricky and won't sound like a standard synth although the final product is very cool and intersting.

in both cases it would be nice to either not reset the envelooe in mono mode otherwise not having incremental signal in poly mode as an option would be really interesting.

In another completely different example, I have used a low transposed poly generator for pitch modulation (attached for others reference) for a basic patch which others might enjoy...beautiful sound. It looks like the behaviour is not exactly like the sampler.

Thanks so much!!
Attachments
pitch mod patch basic via genarator.sunvox
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
sampler test EG sustain .sunvox
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 334 times