How do you deselect active notes in the sampler?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Carbonthief

How do you deselect active notes in the sampler?

Post by Carbonthief »

I feel so stupid that I can't figure this out. I've checked the manual, searched the forum, tried right clicking, ctrl clicking, alt clicking, I just can't figure it out...
DaedalusYoung

Re: How do you deselect active notes in the sampler?

Post by DaedalusYoung »

I don't think you can. Every note has to be assigned to a sample slot. If you don't want a note assigned to a sample, just select an empty slot (you must have one, you can fit 128 samples in a sampler module), and assign the note to that, it will automatically take the note from the sample it's assigned to.
Carbonthief

Post by Carbonthief »

Oh, ok, I get it now. Thanks. That's just such a weird way for it to be done, I literally would have never figured that out. I can just use a random blank sample slot as my "delete my misclicks and hold unused keys" sample slot.
DaedalusYoung

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Well, when you add a new sampler, all notes are automatically assigned to sample slot 0, so if you add a sample to this slot, all notes will play that sample. If you then add a sample to slot 1, and assign some notes to it, then they're taken away from slot 0. If you mis-click, you can just easily go back to slot 0 and re-assign the note there.