parameter automation

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
GeMOrtaL Ghost

parameter automation

Post by GeMOrtaL Ghost »

so I'm not sure if I'm hella retarded or if I just figured something out. I found that I could record an automation track just as you would record any module with the record button on the slider bar. I made a pattern then let it loop . I pressed record and them while it was playing the pattern (doesn't loop back) i started sliding one of the parameters of the generator back and forth. To my suprise, there was a pattern(lane) with only effects recorded in the sequencer . So when i played the orignal pattern back with the recorded lane, the parameters slid up and down just as I had done earlier. I know you can manually enter the changing parameters in the sequencer but has this always been able to record automation like this??? I sure hope not because I thought I discovered Atlantis or something . . . I don't get many post replies so please, tell my to F*** off or what im doing wrong . . Thanks, Summer solstice tomorrow morning around midnight(depnds on where u are_) Great TIME TO capture some creativity :crazy:
.;. phI-TRY
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: parameter automation

Post by NightRadio »

I know you can manually enter the changing parameters in the sequencer but has this always been able to record automation like this???
Not always :) Only from v1.7 (09 apr 2012).
You can check this in the changelog: http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/changelog.php